Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Lol thanks, It's just about all gone now though. Hopefally i can run my E-Slayer soon. In four months or so i'm getting the losi 5ive T. I cant wait for spring time. lol I do hope we get more snow soon, Just after i drive my E-Slayer.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    Any body know what a good shock setup is on an E-Slayer?
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    Any body know what a good shock setup is on an E-Slayer?
    still working on that myself. when i had mine built up on the e revo chassis i ran 30wt oil and stock slayer shocks and thought it was too stiff.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    still working on that myself. when i had mine built up on the e revo chassis i ran 30wt oil and stock slayer shocks and thought it was too stiff.

I ran mine all summer on 30wt with the ERBE option silver and blue springs. Add in the travel limiters and it was very stiff, responsive like mad, but very very stiff.
    I am playing with different options now.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    My SlayVo GT8 running on a stock revo 3.3 springs (green/red) with 60wt oil, i also add a limiters inside, using a shock piston from my old hpi (2 each). it act like if i compare to a 1:1 car suspension, its on sport mode suspension with little bit of body roll.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    I'm useing the ERBE shocks and the Revo 3.3 blue and silver springs i think. And that is a veary stiff setup, I drop it from 2ft or so and the shocks do little to nothing. I allways though the Stock SLayer springs where too soft, But aftr this i think they are a good starting point. I just have to change my oil and springs on my E-Slayer then it will be 100% done.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    Okay, I just bought stock Slayer pro 4x4 shocks from ebay taken off the pro 4x4. So i am just going to adjust the preload amd leave it at that. So now the only thing i need help with is the gearing. I have no idea what a good gearing setup for this truck is.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea about gearing, So can sombody please help me out? I'm running 4s, and the Momba Monster 2200kv motor and ESC, And i'm useing the stock wheels and it's built on the E-revo platform so i need the correct gearing with the E-Revo tranny. Any help would be great, I would like to order my gears today so i can finally finish it.
    Slash 4x4,

im running MOD1 19/40 and im pleased. i might dial it back to 18/40 in the spring get it a touch more into control for me

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    im running MOD1 19/40 and im pleased. i might dial it back to 18/40 in the spring get it a touch more into control for me
    Any heat issues? I have an 18T and a 40T gears on hand so if that works i will go with that setup. What speed's do you get? Also whats MOD1, Is that 32P? I love electrics i just dont know anything about the gearing setups.
    Slash 4x4,

I get a bit of heat, nothing major. I think it is more due to running in grass most of the time.
    I have never put a gun to it, but on the script asylum calculator on my set up i think it was showing 48mph? i think... Would have to run the #'s and see.

I call the Traxxas Revo gears MOD1 (nitro) and MOD0.8 (electric) not sure what the pitch is to be perfectly honest.

RC Qualifier
    Thats a good speed, I just want the perfect gearing so i dont have no heat issues with my motor and batts and stuff. I will probably go with that gearing though because that all i have on hand. Maybe 18/40 will run a little cooler then 19. I drive on grass alot so i dont think there is much i can do other then put a fan on the motor.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 11-30-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Slash 4x4,

yeah its a great speed for bombing around, always seem to have a bit more in the tank (trigger).
    Like i mentioned im thinking of dialing it back a bit next year.

FWIW, im running a 40t spur as any smaller and i have contact issues between the motor and ESC mount.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    Any heat issues? I have an 18T and a 40T gears on hand so if that works i will go with that setup. What speed's do you get? Also whats MOD1, Is that 32P? I love electrics i just dont know anything about the gearing setups.
    32p is mod 0.8. I'm not sure the pitch of mod 1. It's a coarser tooth and will not mesh properly with 32p.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    yeah its a great speed for bombing around, always seem to have a bit more in the tank (trigger).
    Like i mentioned im thinking of dialing it back a bit next year.

FWIW, im running a 40t spur as any smaller and i have contact issues between the motor and ESC mount.
    I dont thinks thats a huge issue, Allways can make new screw holes for the ESC mount. I just hope the 18T/40T is a good gearing combo for the E-Slayer. I just hate playing areound with different gears when they are $10 or so a pop. That dose not sound like alot but it adds up. Thats why i like to ask around so i can buy the correct gearing the first time.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    32p is mod 0.8. I'm not sure the pitch of mod 1. It's a coarser tooth and will not mesh properly with 32p.
    I remember now back on my E-Revo i had a mod1 pinion (Ithing it was Mod1) And id did not mesh at all.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    ive done that at least once.

From memory I think Mod 0.8 and 32P are practically identical, and are definitely interchangeable.

The conversion is 25.4 divided by the Mod number gives the "imperial" pitch i.e. 25.4 div by 0.8 gives 31.75P equivalent, which is close enough - less than 1% difference - that they can be used interchangeably.

Mod 0.8 is not 32p...they are different.
    Rock n Rolla !

No not identical but for our purposes Mod 0.8 and 32P are close enough.
    Mod 1 is 25.4P.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I will just try my 18T/40T and so how it goes.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    From memory I think Mod 0.8 and 32P are practically identical, and are definitely interchangeable.

The conversion is 25.4 divided by the Mod number gives the "imperial" pitch i.e. 25.4 div by 0.8 gives 31.75P equivalent, which is close enough - less than 1% difference - that they can be used interchangeably.

Mod 0.8 is not 32p...they are different.
    IMHO, same thing. The difference will not be found without actively looking for it. Heck, 32p and 31.75p, I'm sure the difference is so small it could be mistaken for a tolerance.

RC Qualifier
    So i just finished up my E-slayer build, ill post some pics up tmrrw, But as for gearing i was getting frustrated. im using the stock metal chassis and the Tekno RC conversion kit and when i tried using a MOD 1 40T Spur and 18t Pinion they would not fit, i could not get the motor to slide over enough to get the pinion to even slide on. the largest pinion i could get to fit was a 15T, so i dont know if thats normal or not.
    so i ended up going with a 19T pinion and the 36T spur MOD 1. Seems to be running fine but we got some snow today so i wasnt able to get a nice test run.

Anybody with any coments?
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    cant wait to see pics!

anyone know whee to find complete e-revo transmissions? still waiting for a buyer for my slash before i drop cash on the current e-slayer build ( and my SCX10 F350 build, cant wait to get the smoke machine built and running! ) but i am in the process of pricing and tracking down parts. still need a front shock mount, transmission, motor mount, random hardware and electronics. i also need to make my battery trays.

what motor would you guys recommend for 4s in a carbon fiber e-slayer? im thinking another 2650KV track star but that motor is over kill in my e revo on 4s. i will probably be using another SC8 esc.

RC Qualifier
    Ok so here is my E-Slayer

-Geared 36 Spur and 19 Pinion MOD 1
    -Tekno Conversion kit
    -Tekno Sway bars
    -Single Savox 1256TG Steering Servo
    -Mechanical Breaks with Hitec 645MG servo
    -4s Lipo
    -Mamba Monster 2200kv Combo
    -Robinson Racing Wide Ratio Steel Gears (Locked In Second)
    -RPM Mudflaps
    -Rear Brace Mod
    -Castle BEC Direct voltage to the steering Servo

So far so good, its been wet out so i havnt gotten to fully test it. It seems like its gonna be a killer SC Truck. Hopefully going to race it at my local track in the spring. Let me know if you have any questions or comments

Thanks Guys

Last edited by afol2524; 12-02-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

nice one, i got the feeling your going to love that beast. you still have 2 speed?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    nice one, i got the feeling your going to love that beast. you still have 2 speed?
    No i have it locked into second gear withe "3 Screw" Method.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

If you ever see the RR top gear on ebay by all means buy it, the stock plastic shread easy, make sure you get the right one 18T.

Wow, very nice. How heavy is that beast?

RC Qualifier
    cant wait to see pics!

anyone know whee to find complete e-revo transmissions? still waiting for a buyer for my slash before i drop cash on the current e-slayer build ( and my SCX10 F350 build, cant wait to get the smoke machine built and running! ) but i am in the process of pricing and tracking down parts. still need a front shock mount, transmission, motor mount, random hardware and electronics. i also need to make my battery trays.

what motor would you guys recommend for 4s in a carbon fiber e-slayer? im thinking another 2650KV track star but that motor is over kill in my e revo on 4s. i will probably be using another SC8 esc.
    Ebay is where i found some E-revo trannys. I think they where $50 though i am not too sure.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Wow, very nice. How heavy is that beast?
    It weighs a lot haha, its a monster.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=afol2524;5349245]Ok so here is my E-Slayer

-Geared 36 Spur and 19 Pinion MOD 1
    -Tekno Conversion kit
    -Tekno Sway bars
    -Single Savox 1256TG Steering Servo
    -Mechanical Breaks with Hitec 645MG servo
    -4s Lipo
    -Mamba Monster 2200kv Combo
    -Robinson Racing Wide Ratio Steel Gears (Locked In Second)
    -RPM Mudflaps
    -Rear Brace Mod
    -Castle BEC Direct voltage to the steering Servo

So far so good, its been wet out so i havnt gotten to fully test it. It seems like its gonna be a killer SC Truck. Hopefully going to race it at my local track in the spring. Let me know if you have any questions or comments

Thanks Guys

QUOTE]

Thats a nice truck.
    Slash 4x4,

^^ you had yours look like this at one time hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by afol2524 View Post
    It weighs a lot haha, its a monster.
    That's okay. Lotsa 1:8 scale SCs are heavy. I lifted Venom's newest offering lately. More like Short Course TANK.

RC Qualifier
    If you ever see the RR top gear on ebay by all means buy it, the stock plastic shread easy, make sure you get the right one 18T.
    Got a Part # for that gear?
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by afol2524 View Post
    No i have it locked into second gear withe "3 Screw" Method.
    first things first awesome truck the paint and chassis are great . but why did you lock the trans if you have a mechanical brake the motor and brake will be fighting each other and the sound of the two speed would have been great

i dont remember the part # it only comes on ebay once in a while. i did buy the whole gear set (wide) for $74 and use those gear (top gear and 2nd gear)

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    That's okay. Lotsa 1:8 scale SCs are heavy. I lifted Venom's newest offering lately. More like Short Course TANK.
    mine weight a hefty 9lbs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    first things first awesome truck the paint and chassis are great . but why did you lock the trans if you have a mechanical brake the motor and brake will be fighting each other and the sound of the two speed would have been great
    i felt that with the two speed id be just ripping the gears apart, and with the mechanical brake i completly disabled the Motor breaking (set power to Zero) so there is no issues fighting each other. when i push reverse on the trigger the motor looses power, no forward or breaking, just a "Free Glide rotor" and the only thing left is the friction on the break disk from the break servo. to bring the car to a stop.
    If i wanted i could add the 2 speed back in, but for my purposes right now i dont need it, but its an option to put it back
    Last edited by afol2524; 12-02-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    mine weight a hefty 9lbs
    Still lighter then my e revo that was my e slayer v1.0. As SCT it was around that but as e revo, well, 40 series trenchers are heavy. I'm hoping for my current e slayer build, e slayer 2.0, it will be around 7-8 pounds. cf chassis, e revo transmission and dual 2s packs to make the weight even. With no motor system and transmission its lighter then my slash 2wd by a noticeable amount.

Here's my eSlayer...I'm running the Hobbywing XERUN 120A SC8 on 2/2s with an associate SC8 body...also MOD1 gearing 20/38 and it plenty fast for what I am using it for. This is easily becoming my favourite ride at the moment.

and here is a running video of its first run...its so much fun bashing this truck around.

Rock n Rolla !