Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Calling all E-Slayer owners.

Hi all, I am building an E-Slayer and i am going to use a MMM and the stock Slayer pro 4x4 wheels and A-Armes and what not. I am still kinda new to the MMM and electric for that matter. And i want it to handle like a scale torc truck and i dont want it to wheelie. Do any of you guys know what the perfect gearing is for the E-Slayer on stock wheels and what settings i have to adjust in the CC link so it wont wheelie?

Any info would be great.

RC Qualifier
    When I had mine built up I was running 4s on a 2650kv 6 pole motor with both buggy badlands and the stock slayer wheels and tires and it would not wheelie but would readily spin all 4. I was geared 18/54, so roughly 40mph.

I'm currently waiting to sell of the slash so I can finish rebuilding the e slayer on a carbon fiber chassis, don't think that will wheelie much either.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, I gave 18T/54T in my e-revo and it wheelies like nothin. I'm going to use the MMM 2200kv and 4s lipos. I dont know what pole the MMM has. So i hope i dont need to buy new gearing if i dont need to. Did you play with the ESC settings any?

RC Qualifier
    And can you guys post some pics of your E-Slayer's? If you guy's can that would be great. I just want to get some ideas, I plan on keeping it all stock. Kinda like a Nitro Slayer pro just with an E-Revo chassis and MMM. The only thing i dont like is how the front bumper is extended past the body a little bit, Is there a shorter front bumper post? The plastic oval thing that screws to the bumper.

You can also use the SC8 body from associated. It is a bit longer for sure.
    I had to trim mine to fit the Slayer bumper.

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    Sweet, I gave 18T/54T in my e-revo and it wheelies like nothin. I'm going to use the MMM 2200kv and 4s lipos. I dont know what pole the MMM has. So i hope i dont need to buy new gearing if i dont need to. Did you play with the ESC settings any?
    I'm not running the MMM. I got something with a lot more power. I have my punch way down to try to tame the e revo in e revo skin but it seemed plenty aggressive in the e slayer mode.

The reason it won't wheelie like an e revo is the tire contact. There is a lot less of it. If I could ever get my e revo to spin it's wheels and not wheelie, backflip or just flip over it would be amazing.

Here is a current pic if it, it's not on the e revo chassis anymore but is on a carbon fiber vantage chassis. I'll post up a pic or two of it on the e revo chassis when I get back to my laptop.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the pics guys, I plan on useing my stock Slayer pro 4x4 body. And deerhurst, You are useing a 3.3 chassis? Did you mod your tranny and what not? I am debating if i should use my E-Revo chassis or my stock nitro Slayer pro 4x4's chassi. If i do that i will put my E-revo diffs in it, But then i will need metal tranny gears. Because i like the tekno motor mount way more then the E-Revos mount with all that flex. I wish the E-Revos tranny fit on the 3.3 frame.

RC Qualifier
    My primary build was on the e revo chassis and I loved it.

I since then wanted to drive the e revo as an e revo and had a vantage chassis laying around so I put all the spares on it. It still needs a tranny, shock towers, a diff ( one of the nitro diffs has a messed up ring gear ), skid plates and a motor system. If you look closely you'll see the front end of the truck in the photo is held up by a couple axial section markers.

I'm thinking about putting an e revo tranny in it but ill need to make a spacer to make it bolt in. I finally got the play out of my e revo motor mount. Search the motor mount mod, mine is a little different but general idea but I used all stock parts. Haven't stripped any spurs for a while now.

Still not back to my computer so no e revo based pics yet. It's about 1.5" longer on the e revo chassis then the revo/slayer chassis.

RC Qualifier
    I've seen builds on forums like rctech that have the nitro chassis and the e revo transmission.

The e revo transmission has proper gearing for truck tires but its too low for sct wheels so youll need to gear the motor up to compensate. The slayer tranny has the proper ratios internally.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i prefer the revo 3.3 chassis over the e-revo. if i want to change my over my onroad GT into a MT all i have to do is swap over my a-arms, drive shafts and final drive gears.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    Im going to keep my eye on this thread, im in the process of bulding mine. Revo 3.3 based chassis, RR Metal tranny gears locked in Second. Mechanical Breaks with Tekno Conversion kit Tekno Sway bars and MM and 2200kv motor.
    Ill post pics when its done
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by afol2524 View Post
    Im going to keep my eye on this thread, im in the process of bulding mine. Revo 3.3 based chassis, RR Metal tranny gears locked in Second. Mechanical Breaks with Tekno Conversion kit Tekno Sway bars and MM and 2200kv motor.
    Ill post pics when its done
    no need for mechanical brake if you have it locked in 2nd gear, the motor does it for you. sure you can use the mechanical brake if you set your ESC to forward/brake only and you have to buy the Y harness.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 11-23-2012 at 12:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    no need for mechanical brake if you have it locked in 2nd gear, the motor does it for you. sure you can use the mechanical brake if you set your ESC to forward/brake only and you have to buy the Y harness.
    Yeah i wanted to give the mechanical break a try, just for something different. if i did mechanical break, could i just dial the breaking strength down to zero % so that i can still keep reverse? would that work? or would i have to completely disable reverse?
    Sorry for thread jacking.
    Last edited by afol2524; 11-23-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    RX8 Powered E-revo
    E-Slayer

i've never really got to try mechanical brake so i dont know how it works. i just know it runs on fwd/brake.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    I've seen builds on forums like rctech that have the nitro chassis and the e revo transmission.

The e revo transmission has proper gearing for truck tires but its too low for sct wheels so youll need to gear the motor up to compensate. The slayer tranny has the proper ratios internally.
    Yeah i want to use my 3.3 chassis. But you have to do some modding to get the tranny to fit. And i dont want to spend another $100 in RR tranny gears. I have on hand 18/54T setup in my E-Revo right now. Since i'm going to use the stock E-Revo tranny what is a good gearing for all around bashing?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i want to use my 3.3 chassis. But you have to do some modding to get the tranny to fit. And i dont want to spend another $100 in RR tranny gears. I have on hand 18/54T setup in my E-Revo right now. Since i'm going to use the stock E-Revo tranny what is a good gearing for all around bashing?
    you planning on 4s or 6s? i have a higher kv motor so my guesimate wont be perfect. for 6s, id probably start right there at 18/54. for 4s id probably add a 23t pinion. with my setup on sec wheels and an e revo transmission 23/54 is right about 55mph on 4s with a 3650kv motor.

RC Qualifier
    Oh, Yeah i will have to find out. I'm useing only a 4s setup. I will never go 6s because thats when stuff breaks. I will have my E-Slayer built today, I will probably take it outside sometime maybe today and just drive it alittle to see how it is. (We are saposed to get **Snow** tomarrow) But i wont bash it untill i get the correct gearing.

RC Qualifier
    just reread my last post, many spelling errors. sct wheels and a 2650kv motor.

id probably start with the gearing you have and go from there, sct wheels are light and wont put much load n the wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i will figure out the best gearing. I want it to go atlest 50mph, So it has some speed off road. I'm about to start builing soon. i was going to go 21t/54t when my E-Revo was still and E-Revo. So maybe like you said 23T will be good.

RC Qualifier
    Okay, My E-Slayer is all done. And it looks great IMO. I have revo springs on it but i will have to eventually put the softer Slayer springs on. The Revo springs are pretty stiff, And it will probably roll over really easy. I probably need to change the shock oil as well. I will post a some pics soon. If you guys can help me with something, If you have an E-Slayer on a E-Revo chassis, Can you please take a pic of your driveshaft? I just want to see something.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 11-24-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Front

Back
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you so much, I just wanted to see how extended everybody els's drive shafts where. I though both parts of the drive shaft would be closer together then what they where. I thought they would pop apart or somwthing , But now i see thats normal.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you so much, I just wanted to see how extended everybody els's drive shafts where. I though both parts of the drive shaft would be closer together then what they where. I thought they would pop apart or somwthing , But now i see thats normal.
    Mine were like that too. Got any pics of your rig?

RC Qualifier
    I only have the camera on my phone, It's not the best but it works. I forgot how to upload pics with photobucket though.

i'm thinking of using the summit drive shafts just cut them to lenght, anyone here ever done it? i know pavmentsurfer cut to length on his e-revo GT driveshafts.

I'm doing that bro...just ordered a full set middle of last week of eBay; should be here hopefully next week. I have Summit shafts in my other builds so I thought I would keep it the same across all my tucks...makes it easier to keep the same spares .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    What are you guys talking about? It kinda sounds like a good idea.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 11-24-2012 at 07:28 PM.

How close are the shorts to being the correct lenght..............??
    Save the longs for another truck..........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    The only thing i dont like is how far the front bumper is. Thats the only thing i dont like about the E-Revo frame.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 11-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Its a longer truck, said it before the SC8 shell fixes that issue if it bugs you

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i know, I want to keep the stock body though and i dont want to paint a new one. It's not a real big deal,

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas lids are cheaper too.

Looks good! Nice and clean! I hope to have my current build done sometime December but its all dependent on when or if someone decides they need an ARTR slash so I can fund the project without feeling too guilty.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas lids are cheaper too.

Looks good! Nice and clean! I hope to have my current build done sometime December but its all dependent on when or if someone decides they need an ARTR slash so I can fund the project without feeling too guilty.
    Thanks, I hope to drive it tomarrow if it's not snowing and if the street is dry. I still have to clean the body because it's really dusty. And i have to eventually play with the suspension. It has heavy springs and thick oil. I am going to lighten that up to the stock Slayer shock setup. Oh an i have to find a good gearing for it, Then it will really be done. I'm getting a 1/16 E-Revo for x-mas and i'm thinking of ordering 1/16 slash 4x4 parts to convert it into a mini slayer. lol I dont know about that yet though. My E-Slayer would not have been built for a while aswell though, But i decided to just convert my E-Revo so i did not have to spend all that $ on a whole new kit and motor and what not.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I hope to drive it tomarrow if it's not snowing and if the street is dry. I still have to clean the body because it's really dusty. And i have to eventually play with the suspension. It has heavy springs and thick oil. I am going to lighten that up to the stock Slayer shock setup. Oh an i have to find a good gearing for it, Then it will really be done. I'm getting a 1/16 E-Revo for x-mas and i'm thinking of ordering 1/16 slash 4x4 parts to convert it into a mini slayer. lol I dont know about that yet though. My E-Slayer would not have been built for a while aswell though, But i decided to just convert my E-Revo so i did not have to spend all that $ on a whole new kit and motor and what not.
    my first builds maiden run was with e revo LT springs and 80wt oil and setup for the e revo, the suspension never even moved. im now running slayer prings and they still seem a little too hard and the 30wt oil i have in them seems a little too heavy but thats just me.

what motor and voltage you running? with the e revo transmission youll have to gear it much higher then you think for any speed.

my first build was on the e revo chassis but ive since wanted the e revo back and started another e slayer on a nitro chassis i had laying around.

RC Qualifier
    Revo/summit shafts will work. You need to cut quite a bit off, even on the shorts.
    Builds looking good! I've got my own build in the process, only missing a sct body. Revo bodys look real goofy with the long bumpers.

RC Qualifier
    my first builds maiden run was with e revo LT springs and 80wt oil and setup for the e revo, the suspension never even moved. im now running slayer prings and they still seem a little too hard and the 30wt oil i have in them seems a little too heavy but thats just me.

what motor and voltage you running? with the e revo transmission youll have to gear it much higher then you think for any speed.

my first build was on the e revo chassis but ive since wanted the e revo back and started another e slayer on a nitro chassis i had laying around.

I'm useing a Momba Monster 1/8th scale 2200kv Motor. I'm only going to run a 4s setup and the bats i have are only 7.4v 4400mah 40c. The gearing i have now is from my E-Revo and that is 18T/54T. And the Revo springs are crazy hard. lol I only bash so i might just stay with the stock Slayer setup. When i had them shocks i thought they where too soft, But now i think they are fine. lolI'll order that stuff another time though.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 11-25-2012 at 09:21 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    Revo/summit shafts will work. You need to cut quite a bit off, even on the shorts.
    Builds looking good! I've got my own build in the process, only missing a sct body. Revo bodys look real goofy with the long bumpers.
    I did not even think of the revo shafts, I have a ton of the and a dremel so if i ever have an issue with my Slayer shafts i will just mod my Revo shafts. I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks the front bumper looks goofy. lol I want the PL airflow body, I seen that on somebody's E-Slayer and it seems to fit really well. I dont know what color i would paint it though.

RC Qualifier
    The test run will have to wait, We got 5ive inches of snow today. So my E-Slayer will have to wait.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Qualifier
    The test run will have to wait, We got 5ive inches of snow today. So my E-Slayer will have to wait.
    i like your build but jealous of the snow you have