RC poster

Summit model 5607 Battery questions

Hey guys, I just purchased a new Traxxas Summit 5607 and was disappointed about the stock battery life. Went out to get the most battery I could without reading my owners manual, I purchased 2 Lipo 5000 3 cell batteries which won't work, truck will turn on and steering works but no acceleration. Should I take the batteries back or change something else to make them compatible? If not which batteries should I purchase? Thanks in advance!

First thing to know the stock esc is limited to 4s.The no throttle is because it has gone into over voltage protection.
    So,yes exchange the 3s for 2s packs if possible.there are other packs out there with more mah for longer run times.
    Spc 8200 mah 2s packs are very popular.i have a set myself.close to three hours crawling.5000 mah at crawling speed will give you roughly a hour of runtime depending on use give or take a few minutes.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    The manual explains everything, and whoever you bought these from should have told you this! Always be sure to mention why you are doing what you are doing, especially when you are new to something. Too many times I have been sure of what I was doing, only to be told, "NO! You need an LVC!" or "NO those gears have a different pitch to them!" Etc... so without saying, "stop asking questions and read the manual.." I want to say, "give the manual a read, you'll be surprised what you learn!" ALSO, there's a thread here in the form of a FAQ, give this a read, you'll get some great ideas and maybe learn a thing or two! Welcome to the Summit club =)

Not to argue or anything jamann, but you can't say that a battery with 60% more capacity, will give you 300% more run time?

RC poster
    Thanks Guys!