RC Champion

castle 2400 program?

After programming with throttle at neutral wich led should be on and solid or blinking? I have the yellow blinking and have forward and reverse control with controller. Is this right? I get a green led on throttle and a red on brake and reverse and it blinks yellow neutral. I just want to make sure this is right before I run it and screw something up.

Flashing Yellow = possible problem with controller (Mamba Max Pro indicates neutral and armed with C.H.E.A.T. turn off Got this from castle site so I guess flashing yellow is correct for my esc but what is CHEAT?
    Last edited by pro mod steve; 11-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.

RC Champion
    Red is when you hit the brake/reverse, yellow is idle and green is go
    Last edited by traxxasFTW; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    Thanks should the yellow be solid or blink at idle?

RC Qualifier
    Mine flashes yellow so i called castle. The tech told me its suppose to flash yellow. He told me why, but i dont think i could explain it well enough.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Champion
    THANK YOU Don All I have left is programming with castle link and charge some lipos. Can't wait.

RC Champion
    What size lipo and gearing are you going to use?
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Champion
    3S 18 pinion and stock spur TO START. Check temps frequently and adjust gearing as needed. I am a basher have no interest in top speed runs.

RC Champion
    Flashing yellow is normal meaning you are NOT ROAR legal for a race.
    If reverse is enabled it flashes
    If cheats are enabled it flashes.

Cheats are changing the motor timings from default.

If you leave the timings at default and disable reverse it will light solid yellow which allows race officials to see at a glance that you are set up race legal.

Basher and not interested in high speed? I think this is the first time I have ever seen these phrases used together.

Keep in mind that the 2400 is a 32% reduction is motor rpms over stock and that has to be made up somewhere.

19/54 would put you back at stock revolutions at the final output with a theroretical top speed of 39mph. 18T pinion puts it in around 37mph. This is assuming 3s lipos of course.

Im running 23/50 with a 2650kV motor myself.

RC Champion
    Basher and not interested in high speed? I think this is the first time I have ever seen these phrases used together
    I have no interest in gearing it too the moon for 80 mph. I am a dirt basher most of the places we run You run out of room at 45mph I don't like running on the street so I personally have no need for big mph.