RC Qualifier

End Point Adjustment

My Slayer Pro has a 2056 throttle servo and two 2075 steering servos that Traxxas says they are digital and a DX3R Pro radio. I have always heard that with digital servos you need to set end point adjustments. Do I need to do that with these servos and what is the best way to do that and still get maximum throw?

Do I need to do that with these servos and what is the best way to do that and still get maximum throw?
    No, I found that if you try to adjust the end points, it can "over throw" the servos, and that can damage the throttle's or steering's parts. The servos are fine as they are. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    No, I found that if you try to adjust the end points, it can "over throw" the servos, and that can damage the throttle's or steering's parts. The servos are fine as they are. Hope this helps!
    I think the question he's asking is more like what percentage he should set his DX3R radio to for EPA, to get the endpoints close to what the stock radio's end points are. But either way over throwing them could do damage and burn servos up quicker. Now I have ran over 100% on the throttle throw in a pinch to get it to open the slide all the way but I try not to do that very often and it hasn't seemed to have damaged my Hitec servo, but like I said I don't run it over 100% all the time.

For the Spektrum radios, your EPA or Travel (same thing) should be set to 100% on all parameters.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info. I looked at my radio yesterday and realized that it had Travel instead of EPA. If my servo is at 100% but my carb still doesn't open all the way should I adjust the linkage?

I think the question he's asking is more like what percentage he should set his DX3R radio to for EPA, to get the endpoints close to what the stock radio's end points are.
    Oh. Whoops, sorry for the mis under standing.
    Thanks for the info. I looked at my radio yesterday and realized that it had Travel instead of EPA. If my servo is at 100% but my carb still doesn't open all the way should I adjust the linkage?
    I've noticed my carb doesn't open all of the way too. I found if I mount the throttle arm in the 2nd hole, (stock is in the first hole, nearest to the engine) the carb will open up a bit more... Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Hwdriver View Post
    Travel and EPA are essentially the same thing. They control the servo throw.

Yeah if your throttle isn't opening all the way there is a combination of adjustments you can do to make it open fully. You can adjust the ball link on the carb slide and rotate the carburetor inside the engine by loosening the lock nut next to it. I've found that using the outer hole on the motor mount for the linkage crank can cause binding and make the throttle stick.

If you wanted a little more ease of adjustability on your throttle linkage, look into the tekno RC Revo throttle linkage set. It's a pretty good setup and snaps onto the ball on the slide ball link. The only thing I don't like is that my OS 21TM engine doesn't have the ball on the end of the link on the carb slide and the one off my 3.3 won't fit on the OS carb so I can't use my tekno linkage.