RC Qualifier

Moderator Question

I seen a couple of posts that were terminated due to asking questions about products from banned manufactures. My question is: Is there a list somewhere of these banned manufactures, and if not; is there some way someone could list them? As a general rule, I usually stick with OEM parts with my various hobbies. Sometimes however, I do go with after market products if I find that an OEM part is having repeated characteristic problems.

I haven't run into anything like that with my Spartan or E-Max though, that Traxxas didn't offer an upgraded part for (or that I couldn't come up with something myself); but if I ever due, I would like to know what companies I should consider staying away from.

The list is very short, almost entirely populated by one retailer based in Hong Kong and their house brands. Therefore, there's no need to second-guess whether the parts you choose are allowed.
    That was easy.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    That was very easy. I thought it was some kind of big ol' list, or something. If it's just one company, and there in Hong Kong; I agree that I probably won't run accross them.

RC Qualifier
    Good question reglar dude, but I am not satisfied with your answer ksb51rl....

...I know who the retailer in question is, but is the issue that there specific traxxas products are being copied by said retailer? If so, can you give me an example of which products? Additionally, lets say they decide to copy one or two traxxas products, does that mean that even though you talk about a product that is not being copied, it is still not ok to discuss because they make the products that are being copied? I am just trying to get a grasp on the scope of banned product discussion?

Guys it is simple so let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. The company is well known for manufacturing clone or knock off products. This is illegal here in the U.S. and elsewhere but China allows it to happen. Traxxas views this as stealing from them and rightfully so. If a company was stealing from you would you allow discussion of their products on your forum? I think not.This forum is for the support of Traxxas products not for support for another companies products much less one that violates patent laws and steals from our host company.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Guys it is simple so let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. The company is well known for manufacturing clone or knock off products. This is illegal here in the U.S. and elsewhere but China allows it to happen. Traxxas views this as stealing from them and rightfully so. If a company was stealing from you would you allow discussion of their products on your forum? I think not.This forum is for the support of Traxxas products not for support for another companies products much less one that violates patent laws and steals from our host company.
    Sorry if I steal the thread

This is a question of my friend:

What happen if I bought an object form China (Example: A battery) and it has false Traxxas connectors but I bought the real ones (From Traxxas) and I soldered the connectors to the battery...Can I talk about my own battery with real Traxxas connectors? Or I just cant talk about the brand?
    This is just for know and help my friend...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

Support for Traxxas products will be allowed so we'll talk about the Traxxas connectors but will not allow talk about the battery. Period. Again, no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If the word is **'d out when you post it, edit the post to remove the name completely. Discussion will be allowed about how to regarding fitment of a non-Traxxas part to a Traxxas product but support for non-Traxxas will not be allowed. In the case about the aforementioned manufacturer/retailer, discussion regarding them or their products is not allowed.
    The question has been asked, two mods have answered it and there is no need for further discussion.
    The Super Derecho