Thread: upgrades??

RC poster

upgrades??

is there any upgrades out there yet?? like motor mount? mine mented today and dont want to put the stock back on

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No motor mounts yet. Given that this is going to be the next slash 4x4 I have to think companies like king headz are working on it though. You know integy is probably already mixing up a bath of their amazing aluminum to pump out some overpriced garbage for the rally.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    No motor mounts yet. Given that this is going to be the next slash 4x4 I have to think companies like king headz are working on it though. You know integy is probably already mixing up a bath of their amazing aluminum to pump out some overpriced garbage for the rally.
    So you are not promoting Integy LOL I think you made that clear Pave!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonRC View Post
    is there any upgrades out there yet?? like motor mount? mine mented today and dont want to put the stock back on
    Well since the front and rear ends are the same a slash or stampede 4x4 upgrades such as a arms, shock towers, axles, and bearing carriers are already available.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    If it were me, after melting it ( i've done it to a sl4sh a few times) get a new mount, alloy slipper adapter, and a set of high speed/ high quality bearings for the mount and adapter. Then it would pretty much solve the problem till you use 3s-4s on a real hot day.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    I just changed out the rear springs to Red E-Maxx springs and the front to Pro-Line Green spring from the Tuning kit. I'm still working on the weight of oil, but so far its been a big improvement. The stock rear shock performance was bouncing bad on sharp or large jumps. Now it lands with no drama.
    Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

RC poster
    maxx i do beleive its not made for Large jumps --could be wrong but it seems to perform just like a rally car in the same situations . there was someone else having tyre probs but he was racing on the black top . i may be old and from the bottom but rallies were never in a car park nor had large jumps . Having upset some, I now tell you that the shocks dont seem that able as i have blown them apart on more than 1 occasion
    Be good
    Rodney