Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Need some setup ideas on my tires

hey guys im new to the world of the slayer pro. I am about to run a few week series of races that will be taking place on baseball field tracks. I have tested on the track for the last 2 days and have not been able to hook up at all. What tires would you guys recommend? its a very sandy surface. Im only running the stock tires that comes on the truck. I have looked online to find different tires and it seems like there is next to no tires that are made for the slayer and i dont know why but are there some options out there? Im not sure what would all fit or work. I know this sounds like such a noob question but i need help! lol Id love some setup ideas from you guys. The thing just pushes like a dump truck and then at speed wants to spin like a top when i turn into the turns. Never raced a car/truck that acted so touchy. I know i need to get the sway bar kit because that will really help. What tho does that all really help with it? just the stability right? thanks guys

*Watch your language. Anytime there are ** replacing words you wrote edit them out otherwise you will be cited for language abuse.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-22-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    Is it hard packed and dusty? Or is it real sand?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Enthusiast
    its a little of both its mostly hard packed but part of the track is dusty. The more we run it in the less dust there is but its a combo track so it makes it hard depending on the last time it rained. Its not sand sand like on a beach.

Welcome to the Slayer fourms! I'm with you, the stock tires really suck. The tires I'm using are the Pro line Switch tires, they work great on pavment, and dirt/sand. I found if you increase the castor angle, it really helps it handle better. The sway bar kit makes it for stable, and helps it not flip. If I missed anything, or you want more info, just ask! Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    im deff going to try and increase the castor to try and take some of the push out of it. The other big issue is just how unstable the darn thing is under high speed direction changes. You touch it even a little and you are going for a 360

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a video i took today of some testing. The driving is very very poor in this because to get the video i had to have my buddy drive and he is not the best driver yet. Also i know the video is unedited and not good because it has me walking around alot. This was just for me to review but i fig it would help you guys out to see the surface yourself

You touch it even a little and you are going for a 360
    The sway bars REALLY help stop that. They also really help it not flip too, which is nice, because most of the time my Slayer would flip, not do a 360.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Put some expo in the steering if you don't have any yet: about 50-60%.
    Grounded "Radio-Flyer"

Any 1/10 scale short course tire (2.2/3.0) will fit a Slayer wheel. Keep in mind the Slayer wheels have 14mm hex. For a loose dirt surface a step pin tire would probably be the best choice. You could try the Proline Gladiator SC tires or maybe even the SC Badlands tire.

RC Competitor
    +1 for the sway bars...