RC poster

replacing the 54tooth flywheel gear

my jato just ate my flywheel gear. is it possible i may have tightened the nut and spring too much for the slipper? should i move to steel gears or am i asking for trouble? plus im curious about the tooth number. if i change the number of teeth for the flywheel will i have to change the number of teeth coming from the engine or would it be ok to just leave it when adding or subtracting the flywheel teeth?

did i make any sense?
    (jato man with a jato plan)
    MCL NINJAS

The spur gear is the weak link in the system so if it strips it saved the tranny gears or other part down the line. You could move to a steal spur but you would need a hardened clutch bell and now the weak link has moved some other place.
    You can vary the number of teeth on the spur gear and/or clutch bell for the performance you want. Just think of your bike and the clutch bell connected to your pedals and the spur gear is the rear gearset. Change gears and what happens?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    so now im having trouble getting a 58 tooth gear to fit properly. went from 54 teeth to 58. havent changed anything else and the new gear is against the gear off the engine too tightly, how can i seperate the gears from getting torn up? i loosedned the screws for the tranny and engine mount and tried giving the gears some room from each other but there is no give. what could i be doing wrong? if anything im bout to buy a different gear and different teeth ratio to see if the gears are in fact different diameters
    (jato man with a jato plan)
    MCL NINJAS

RC Enthusiast
    check out youtube on how to mesh gears.