RC Champion

Losi spring testing on Rally?

Has anybody set there rally up using the Losi spring's? Not sure if we would want to use the same as on the slash 4x4 or not.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Diggerpede is using Losi Ten-T shocks

I haven't done a single mod to my Rally yet. I'm still loving the stock setup. But i'll bet a set of green losi's would be a nice ride.

Deer meat in the freezer
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Sh302, I debated putting my D8's on but think I'll leave them for my slash 4x4. I have powerstroke's if I want to throw them on but thinking for now with no track and only baseball diamond running the ultra's will be fine. They could use new spring's thought. That is why I asked.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    I read your question wrong I thought you said shocks. I was looking for better springs as well.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Most of the time you can get what you are looking for by adding spacers to the springs to get the performance out of them. If that isnt good losi has an awesome spring set that could dial them in even better. Most of the time lighter in the front and heavier in the rear for traction purposes. A good upgrade to the ultra's are a set of aluminum shock caps, but if you are staying strickly ground level you should be ok with the stock setup. If anything they could be added as an accent.

I like to mod my stuff to be different. Some as performance and others as preference.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 11-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I put a standard set of traxxas straight rate springs on the back of mine (from a stampede or rustler) and it really helped. I left the front alone.

I can say this for sure, dont buy the integy spring set. They are too long and need to be squished big time to even get them on. Not ideal. Im not sure what shocks they are meant for, but they are way to long for traxxas shocks, thats for sure. Ill look into the losi springs. I think the Rally really benefits from non progressives front and rear, but the rear for sure.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I am running losi springs on mine. Green in the front and blue in the rear. They are an improvement over stock, and help it from bouncing so much on rough terrain. I haven't found the perfect preload yet though.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Keep an eye to see what theJang does with losi springs on his rally. He has a knack for matching these springs to the different traxxas platforms. Copy his spring rates and then figure out your oil(he doesnt seem to tell what oil he is using as figuring it out is half the fun, but you can see what color springs he is using)
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???