Hybrid View

RC poster

What's a good use for the open channels on reciever?

I've been trying to figure out what to do and how to control the open channels in my Summit reciever. Would I need a new transmitter to use them? I would appreciate any feedback.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You would be in need of a 4/5 channel controller to be able to operate the open slots.
    As they are now, you can still hook things like LED's and fans to the open slots and power them.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    thanks! that's what i wanted to know. i was told the LED's would go dim and bright with the amount of throttle too. is that correct? anyway to connect them to the reciever that would fix that? i started looking at controllers....and it looks like a hundred bucks for the 4 channel. i will probably get one. i love messing with this thing. im thinking about turning my into something like an ambulance or a fire rescue truck...........lol. that's why i want to control the other channels too. i want to be able to turn a siren on and off.....with the lights.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    They will dim, but they will not get brighter.
    Mine only dim when I use my steering servos on my 10th Summit. But they are beefy servos... adding a capacitor to the Rx will lessen and possibly stop the dimming.

Keep in mind you will need a Rx switch in order to turn lights/fans/sirens on and off from the remote.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.