Thread: PLEASE help me.

RC poster

PLEASE help me.

i was wondering if someone could please help me out and tell me why my jato 3.3 would be leaking this silver stuff that you can see on the pic, it's on the left hand side of the truck it's leaking on the bottom of the truck that's it no where else, it's coming from the starter box i guess you could call it but im just wondering why or how it could be happening so if someone could help me out i'd really appreciate it, thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure what that is. Do you have any problems starting the engine?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It might be some grease from the starter gears.

RC poster
    yeah im pretty sure my clutch shoes/spring went bad so i ordered them im waiting for them to come in the mail now but other than that it starts right up, then i noticed that silver stuff was there but wasnt't sure what it could be or how it could get there so before i messed with it i wanted to see if someone could maybe help me out a little bit. thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it.

On the backplate you have a moving starter shaft spinning through a non-moving brass bushing; this is not a 100% seal so you will get a little bit of seeping of the fuel through there and into the starter gears. Those gears are lubed with grease so the fuel and grease mix and it leaks out the bottom. It is normal though when it starts to get excessive you may want to look at replacing the backplate.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    yeah i found that out. thanks for the help guys and my jato is running really well now. im just looking for good on road tires now does anybody have any ideas? let me know, THANKS.

RC Competitor
    Yeh good that happend to mine orded new cluch and it works fine now make sure you maintain the cluch.
    Put cluch LUB and lots of dirt keep it clean.