RC poster

ESC Setup Programming ends with Green blinking

Hi guys,

Just received Stampede 4X4 VXL and tried to set it according to the User's Manual.

1) Page 16 "Setup Programming" (or http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control ).

Step 5. When the LED blinks RED TWICE, push the throttle trigger to the full reverse and hold there (C)
    Step 6. When the LED blinks GREEN ONCE, programming is complete.

When I done the step 5 the LED is blinking GREEN.

BTW, the Multi-Function Knob menu has undocumented option with 7 Blinks Red. What does it mean?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    What batts are you using, NiMH or Lipo?
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC poster
    Original NiMh and Low-Voltage Detection is turned off.

RC Qualifier
    Well there went my guess, LVC.

Have you tried to recalibrate it more than once? If so Call TRX support they are very helpful.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC poster
    Yes, did the calibration several times.

Also tried to reach the support by 1-888-TRAXXAS (872-9927) and this number didn't work. Is it a correct number?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, thats the # pg.3, 8:30 To 9:00 CDT. Best of luck, they will not let you down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC poster
    Can you reach the support by this number? I'm getting "Cannot complete the call" from Bell.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by puks View Post
    Hi guys,

Just received Stampede 4X4 VXL and tried to set it according to the User's Manual.

1) Page 16 "Setup Programming" (or http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control ).

Step 5. When the LED blinks RED TWICE, push the throttle trigger to the full reverse and hold there (C)
    Step 6. When the LED blinks GREEN ONCE, programming is complete.

When I done the step 5 the LED is blinking GREEN.

BTW, the Multi-Function Knob menu has undocumented option with 7 Blinks Red. What does it mean?

Thanks
    When the red light blinked ONCE, did you hold it full throttle in forward before you did these other steps?

RC poster
    yes, I did. I got the ONCE blinked LED and the TWICE blinked. But in step 6 I got not GREEN ONCE but GREEN blinking LED.

Regarding to the support phone. The toll free 1-888-TRAXXAS (1-888-872-9927) is ONLY from US.
    Outside the U.S. dial +1 (972)-265-8000.

Will try to reach them on the next week.

RC poster
    I found that the steering was plugged into FIRST channel 1, not to the CH1 that is near to CH2. I connected it to the correct one as per user guide and tried the calibration again. The same blinking GREEN.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by puks View Post
    I found that the steering was plugged into FIRST channel 1, not to the CH1 that is near to CH2. I connected it to the correct one as per user guide and tried the calibration again. The same blinking GREEN.
    I believe if they both say Chan 1 they both go to the same place and it doesn't matter which one you use for chan 1.
    Same for chan 2 of course. Trax Supt will have to fix your problem.

RC poster
    Here is a history of updates from the Support.

<snip>
    Hello,

First try putting fresh batteries in the radio and in your vehicle. Make sure the antenna on your receiver is not cut short, and that it is all the way out to the end of the antenna tube. Make sure the antenna on the radio is up and that it is not damaged. Check the plugs in your receiver to make sure they are secure, that the steering is plugged into channel 1, the ESC is plugged into channel 2 and that none of the wires are pinched frayed or kinked.

Next reset your transmitter to its factory default settings. This procedure is different from the one in your Owners Manual.

Start with radio turned off.

Hold both menu and set.

Turn radio on

Release menu and set slow red blinking light

Hold menu and set till light changes to green blink

Release menu and set

While holding steering at full left, press set.

While holding steering at full right, press set.

Light changes back to red blink

While holding full throttle press set.

While holding full breaks, press set.

Light should now be solid green, factory endpoints reset has been finished.

Finally reset your transmitter to its default settings. http://www.traxxas.com/node/17319

Here is how to bind your 2.4GHz transmitter to your receiver.

1. Install the AA batteries in the transmitter. Press and hold the SET button. Switch the transmitter on. The STATUS LED will flash. Release the button.

2. Press and hold the receivers LINK button. Switch the receiver on. The receiver LED will flash.

3. When both LEDs stop flashing (this will take just a moment or two), the system is bound and ready for use. Confirm that the steering and throttle operate properly before driving your model.

Next calibrate the speed control to the transmitter. http://www.traxxas.com/node/17118

If it is still not working program the transmitter. http://www.traxxas.com/node/17317

All the programming videos are on this page. http://www.traxxas.com/video/support

Finally unplug the steering servo from the receiver and see if the ESC programs normally. A shorted servo can cause the system to fail.

Regards,
    Steve
    <\snip>

<snip>
    Hi Steve,

Thank you fir the reply.

1) I've registered the vehicle as requested.

2) All batteries are fresh and the antenna is fine.

3) You asked me to do "reset your transmitter to its factory default settings" and after that "Finally reset your transmitter to its default settings". What is a difference between these "Default settings"?

4) I found that the steering was plugged into FIRST channel 1, not to the CH1that is near to CH2. I connected it to the correct one as per user guide and repeated all steps as per your mail. It didn't help.

All videos you sent to me are not for my TQi transmitter.

Just want to clarify that I don't have any issues with driving the car or programming multi-function knob. The only problem is the Setup Programming (Calibration ESC and transmitter) ends not with GREEN ONCE but rather BLINKING GREEN.
    <\snip>

Called to the Support.
    The answers:
    1) The documentation is not up-to-date. The BLINKING GREEN is a correct ending for the new firmware.
    2) Doesn't matter which CH1 to use
    3) No information why the Multi-Function Knob menu has 7 Blinks Red

But I was completely confused with received reply on my mail.

<snip>
    Hello,

The first reset is the factory default and will clear any errors that can be corrected in the programming. Blinking green indicates that your throttle trim know is out of adjustment.

Regards,
    Steve
    <\snip>

Called to support again
    The answers:
    1) We don't know why the mail support provided such answer.
    2) According to our training "BLINKING GREEN or GREEN ONCE are both correct settings".

It's very strange that such behavior is not documented.