RC poster

Should I get a Jato 3.3?

I am brand new to RC cars, and want a Jato. Would it be hard for me to drive it/master it?

RC Competitor
    Why not? I got my Jato back in July and that was my first rc car. If you take the time to practice with it a bit at first instead of just flooring it every time it should be easy to learn.

Another point being that the break-in procedure for the engine really helps you get used to driving it as well.

RC poster
    Thanks!!!!!!!

RC poster
    I too am thinking of getting a Jato as my first serious car. What is the durability like for jumping etc?

Any suggestions as to which is better between this and a brushless Rustler?

Also, how much work do you need to put into it for its best performance? I don't mind spending a bit of time on it, but I don't want to have to spend half a day on it each time I take it out(my friend with more experience than me suggests this is the case with all nitro cars)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ljd1308 View Post
    I too am thinking of getting a Jato as my first serious car. What is the durability like for jumping etc?

Any suggestions as to which is better between this and a brushless Rustler?

Also, how much work do you need to put into it for its best performance? I don't mind spending a bit of time on it, but I don't want to have to spend half a day on it each time I take it out(my friend with more experience than me suggests this is the case with all nitro cars)
    my jato jumped just fine and it is all stock
    if your deciding on a jato or a rustler vxl its all what you like more,you get more maintanance from the jato,the sound of nitro, and the fun of having an engine onboard. the rustler is almost maintanance free besieds adjusting shocks and small things,also the rustler seems slow compared to the jato if you dont get a lipo. good luck!
    Philippians 4:13

RC poster
    totally, if you are down to tinker and take it completely apart, possibly modify it and of course personalise your truck? then yes get one. the feeling of accomplishment when you fix it, cause something will break, is a gift all in its own.
    (jato man with a jato plan)
    MCL NINJAS

RC poster
    by the way i had no prior experiance until i bought a jato used and started reading and writing posts on the forum for jatos. i have gotten exellent responses from very knowledgible people. it doesnt get better than this.
    (jato man with a jato plan)
    MCL NINJAS

RC Competitor
    Only problem I had with my Jato was when it "jumped" as a result of hitting a partially buried stone i didn't see (tip was just above the dirt). Darn thing flew like 2.5 feet high lol. Broke the upper front bulkhead which wasn't a problem because I had a spare (stripped one hole and was waiting to crack it to replace it)

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice guys.

Do you also have any advice on what parts I should order with it? not to upgrade, just the parts most likely to break and need replacing?

RC Qualifier
    Rpm parts and traxxas cvd's would be priority #1. Also rechargeable pack that fits in the middle and I prefer pull start. Just my .02

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC poster
    yes i love my jato! sooo much funn!!!

RC Competitor
    I think you should get a jato because for me it was easy to learn but drive it in a open space if you haven't driven it
    before. You will have lodes of fun and its good value for money.