Thread: esc issue

RC Enthusiast

esc issue

Has anyone had there castle esc switch fail on them ? I bought my e revo brushless brand new 8 months ago and didtnt use it too often, i used it like 6 times in lots of dust/dirt area for bashing and a while after useing it i couldnt get the swtich to turn on at all, i kept having to try it many times switching back and forth till it finally turned on and worked perfectly runs great but almost all the time now i cant get it to turn on without trying it back and forth for a while. i ran 4s lipos in it mostly the traxxas 25c 2s 7600mah sets and it had so much power on those. i sent it to caslte last week and they told me it might be a wire or switch going out on it when i called before i sent it in. i wonder why though i never beat it too hard. so im just waiting to see what castle tells me when they call me back.
    Last edited by FUSION12; 11-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Have had ESC switch fail too. Just cut it out and bridged the wires and have had no issues since.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    some else told me the same thing to bridge the wires so i dont have to have that switch issue occur anymore thanks for the help

when you call Castle that is one of the first things they tell you to do if the ESC doesn't turn on.
    cut & bypass the switch....
    Will not void the warrenty....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

i got a question if the switches cause this so much why put them on in the first place? i would think it would save a little cash from installing them the switch, wires, solder wires for it right? maybe the new MMM 2 wont come with it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    eliminating the switch is the right thing to do. mine still there but i dont turn it off from the switch....... i do it straight thru the batts by unplugging it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Yip, I have...twice...bypass the switch...read post #16...thats what I did...I have never had nay issues.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    thats a good idea to have the wires together so when u plug the batteries in its on and no more hassel of dealing with the switch not working. i just hope it doesnt happen again or else i will go that route, i got 2 mmm one a revo and other emaxx

it is a little hard on the caps not having the switch.....from a very old thread...

RC Champion
    I have had one outright fail and another that the solder connection on the switch was bad. I dont like running without a switch as stated its not good for the ESCs components and I like being able to switch it off in a hurry if I need to instead of having to pull the battery connector. Best remedy I found is to ditch the slide switch and buy a radio shack special single pole single throw mini switch to replace it.

Don't the caps charge regardless of switch position? How is the lack of a switch more damaging?
    Edit: food for thought...a little while ago Castle was sending back refurb Monsters with the switch removed.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-20-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

this is the thread I was thinking of..... but it was not what I was thinking.... catch any of that......explain it to me please...lol
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=switch

Well if you find anything else please post it up. I'm no electric guru like BrianG and the questions I posed above were not rhetorical. If there really is a greater likelihood for damage, me and my 3 & 1/2 year old ERBE want to know.

Back OT: my switch finally failed in the ON position. I have not bothered to replace it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Back OT: my switch finally failed in the ON position. I have not bothered to replace it.
    This is the best scenario. Mine broke off in the on position so I left it that way. Now it's flat and doesn't get bumped off anymore.

Deer meat in the freezer
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

ksb its not what I was thinking, not even close......he is talking about a...........

You aren't supposed to use a pre-charge resistor on any of the Mamba line of ESCs.

a resistor that is added to help with the spark when you plug in the batts...........