RC Champion

Transmitter battery voltage

The other day when my maxx took off on its own I checked the voltage in the (4) AA batterys in the TX they were all 1.451 - 1.453 volts. Do any of you electronic wizards out there know if this could have caused it?? That would still be 5.8 volts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i have ran that voltage with no problems before

RC Champion
    Ya, it doesnt seem to me it would be low enough to cause any problems. Thanks for your reply

I would still replace them just in case better safe than having a broken or totalled rc bysides its cheaper than a 600+ maxx. I use rechargeables and recharge every month even when they are not being used like now. I just got done 2 days ago repeaking about 16 AA's those dont get used and i have 4 in my 2.4 tx that i repeaked last week. they have been holding up great so far.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Thanks Mike, I replaced them with the new energizer lithium ec3 or somthing like that AA's. Ten bucks for four but they should be better than the regular.
    I also just did a little bench testing on the rx. W/two 3cell batts. Tires removed just in case. It was holding 5.94 volts even with servo held at endpoints and full throttle. So im thinking low voltage to the rx is not what happened. Hmmmmmm
    I wonder if its possible that it got a stray 2.4 signal from somthing else close by and caused it to run away ?

recalibrate the rx and tx again just in case. sometimes it helps just so that its fresh. I tend to do that every few months when i move to different areas or plan on running in different areas just to be on the safe side though some if not most will say its not needed but doesnt hurt right? to me it doesnt just a couple mins out of your time to do and it might solve your run away issue.

RC Champion
    I recalibrated it after it ranaway. took a couple of trys but took it back out and ran rest off batts down and had no problem?
    Still leaves me wondering what caused it, and how to keep it from happening again?
    I also tried to rebind it from instructions in the traxxas owners manual but that didnt seem to work. Got a flashing green on esc and flashing red on rx. and nothing work. I think maybe because the manual is for a evx-2 esc? I dont know? But turned it back off and turned it back on normal tx then esc and it goes through its little roll call and everything works fine solid green on rx and blinking green on esc untill full throttle then esc turns solid green witch is correct from what i have been reading on the castle site.
    and another note I was running it on 6s w/24-65t gearing with 1/8th scale diffs, wonder if i might have overheated the esc and caused it to runaway?
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 11-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.

the esc will shut down if it gets too hot i think thats how it works mine does well its a wpsc8 esc though. I think it might have been you may have needed to recalibrate and stick fresh batteries in. AA's tend to go fast in these, thats why you hear sometimes people using 2s lipos even 3s lipos o they last longer and have a constant input.

RC Champion
    I think your right,i seem to have read that somwhere that it will shut down if overheated. Well this seems to be a tough one to nail down so i guess i will install the spectrum voltage protector cant hurt right? even though some say it wont stop a runaway. and just try it out and see what happens. thanks for your help