RC Racer

BIG Problem in my revo

Hello there,

I recently buy my mini e-revo, but now I have a problem, this is aproximately the 30h time I charge my stock battery, but at 2 charges back the car is losing power and run time, now I run it for about 3 min, it wont pass the 5mph and the battery gets very hot after the run..
    It jus got no power, I use an ImaxB6 to charge my battery at 1,2A

What can this be?

could be a lot of problems

battery
    servo
    esc

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think your batteries are shot.

RC Racer
    But did the stock batteries realy suck? He is almost brand new, I alway did the right way to charge it.

Jimbo, servo problems? why do you afirm that?

I assume that is the battery also, this as been progressive..Do you think that if I call To traxxas they will replace my bat?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It is very possible.

Charging them at 1.2 amps is fast charging them all the time... NiMh like being charged very slowly in order to get max life out of them.

A faulty servo can cause all sorts of weird electrical issues. Unplugging the servo and leaving it unplugged will cure these issues, unless it has taken down something else with it.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

You can see with how much mAh your batteries are charged. If they appear to be empty in such a short time span, there might be something wrong with the servo. If they only take a little power, then they will be probably shot. Fast charging them shortens lifespan.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Each time you ran them did you stop when they started slowing down or did you stop when they wouldn't move?

RC Racer
    I stop at the moment the car starts to slow down.

Ok I Have some news, I did some cycles in my Imax, charging at 0.3A and discharging at 0.9A, and The weird thing is that the battery ony charges/discharges around 200mA and stop's

And now I went to test, but know the wheels don't move at all..even steering is so hard..

How can I see if it's a battery problem? is the 200mA charges a problem?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    after the charge a few cells are probably pretty hot- hotter then the others -sign of a bad battery

if it's a 1500mah battery and it's at 50% charge it would charge 750ma if it stops early most the cells are at full charge with a bad cell or 2
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.

RC Racer
    Not after the charge, but after the run or the discharge, one of the cell are extremelly hot, it even shrink the pastic cover around it...

Is she dead..I see..is there anything I can to so save her?