Thread: E-revo Chassis

RC Enthusiast

E-revo Chassis

I landed my e-revo on top of a cinder block and cracked my chassis on Sunday. It is still functional but I like to keep my equipment tight, so I am exploring chassis options. After a google search, I found the the Kershaw designs aluminum chassis. Are there any others that stand out? Or should I keep it stock? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks![IMG]father son e-revos.jpg[/IMG]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I saw a review on youtube about that chassis, but can't say anything about it, also don't like the LCG chassis. Have you tried doing the link braces mod to support the chassis. I would try that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUGdIEIw2E
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 11-20-2012 at 10:02 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Kershaws is pretty, but has a history of bending. There is also a gorilla chassis but it is no longer made and is very expensive. It also it more of a racing, not bashing platform.

Stick with the stocker.

RC Qualifier
    i have a Revo-E...and also an E-Revo...and i like the Revo-E a lot more...the chassis is Vantage Racing's carbon fiber...it's tough...very tough...doesn't bend or flex...every once in a while...u can find it on ebay...

the Vantage Racing carbon fiber chassis is not the same as the aluminum carbon fiber enforced that u see on ebay...it really is made entirely out of carbon fiber...

if ur worried about breaking a chassis or chassis flex...i would recommend going the Revo-E route...i love mine and would never ever sell it or trade it...the e-revo on the other hand...(we'll see)...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    i have a Revo-E...and also an E-Revo...and i like the Revo-E a lot more...the chassis is Vantage Racing's carbon fiber...it's tough...very tough...doesn't bend or flex...every once in a while...u can find it on ebay...

the Vantage Racing carbon fiber chassis is not the same as the aluminum carbon fiber enforced that u see on ebay...it really is made entirely out of carbon fiber...

if ur worried about breaking a chassis or chassis flex...i would recommend going the Revo-E route...i love mine and would never ever sell it or trade it...the e-revo on the other hand...(we'll see)...
    I too have a vantage chassis that will be built into an e slayer and I have an e revo with the standard nylon chassis.

Only problem with that direction is the need for some heavy modifications. The transmission is not drop in, you need to figure out a way to mount the batteries and esc, ect. IMHO, new stock chassis and a chassis brace. Should stop most breakages except hitting something head on or hitting it in the middle and splitting the chassis, which has to be hard to do if I haven't done it yet. I've broken 3 of the stock chassis.

The photo isnt working for me on tapatalk so I can't see where it broke.

just some bad luck or bad driving (lol) I would keep the stock chassis........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    stock up extra chassis that way if you break one you have the spare on hand to replace instead of waiting in the mail or drive to the LHS.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

I have a spare chassis on hand just in case...haven't had the need to use it yet.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I bought my erbe with a broke chassis and was also looking at the kersha but that aluminum is gonna bend if your doing anything but flat surface speed runs. I did the rear brace mod and landed on the wing mount from about 15 ft up and just broke the wing, not to shabby if ya ask me. I'm guessing the chassis probably would have broke in that situaton without the brace.
    Who needs brakes!!!!