Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

8 72.73%
  • dislike

3 27.27%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    kids went to a concert and i stayed home looking over the traxxas vehicles for loose bolts and checking clutch adjustment.
    double up clutch is working out good .i adjusted it where i could barely turn the spur while holding the shaft

ok good reason to stay up then, my mom would stay up when we went to school things mainly dances at night me and my brother lol wouldnt come home till 12am.

So that double clutch is doing good nice to know as if i need and end up finding i need it i will have to get that. was it hard to set the slip on that? I know theirs double the pads.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's why I set it up the way I did. I tried adjusting while driving. I would back off a bit and drive it -no slip so back off more -no slip then more. Next thing its slipping and tighten up a little still slipping tighten more still slipping!
    So I let it cool and took the cover off. Held the shaft with my hex and set it so.I could barely move the spur

RC poster
    Hey there this question is a bit off topic but em those diffs lying on ur last pictere 50togo there are they RRP and are they any
    better than the originals?
    Also has anybody had any issues with the inner ball bearings on the pinion in the diffs
    I keep destroying mine

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have ruined my last set of Robinson racing 8090 ring&pinion when a pinion bearing failed. Those gears will help a bit with aluminum case but only so much. Boca yellow seal ceramics will help on the pinion bearing but I ended up doing the flm hybrid bulkhead and 1/8 scale diffs

RC Champion
    IMO The 6x12mm pinion bearings are a diff killer. They are simply not strong enough to take the power. If you look at the size of the balls in them you can see why. They are so tiny.

Hey mate...how is that new hybrid bulk working out for you? A worthy upgrade...I'm thinking about getting an eMaxx and building one up for my youngster...he is still to young so it would be a long turn project tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so far so good .handled some hard bashing with those big trenchers. she knows the diffs are strong so she was overconfident!few times i had to say easy!!

it was nice coming out of the mountain with both trucks running!

Nice one mate...nothing better than coming home and not having to wrench something to get the truck back up and running again...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    more parts came today! flm 16005 chassis braces
    i do plan on sanding it down and polishing it
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-19-2013 at 07:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You aren't messing around I see. Your Daughter is going to be supremely overconfident when she see's those on "her" truck LOL.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

Looking good mate ...I'm sure she will be happy.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hot racing servo saver should be here any day now and I single servo as well!with a glitch buster so guess what servo this time?
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-20-2013 at 02:00 AM.

RC Champion
    Im guessing hytek with a novac buster? LOL The hot racing saver looks nice, and adjustable too. I would have probably bought one if i didnt already mod my gh saver to work smooth. Let us know how it works. I have found that some of the alum savers dont have a very smooth action and tend to jam up in one direction or the other or both. alum rubbing on alum. I had to sandwitch heat and form a mylar washer to get my gh saver to work smooth in both directions.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope on a budget savox.
    I read that. I will keep an eye out for that thanks

So looks like I touched some poison oak when my truck went into some brush!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-20-2013 at 08:25 AM.

RC poster
    Ok thanks man i'll take a look at those ball bearings and also those RRP diff gears are discountinued so the only place i found them was ebay
    Are those bearings u mentioned like sold in only pairs or a full diff kit cause i dont want a full diff kit just a few bearings for my pinion diff!

RC Champion
    Not the dredded poison oak! Wash your truck. LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No kidding!
    Go to boca for the bearings and on the gears only robinson racing 8090 will work not the 8690. Pinion it too long

RC poster
    Thanks for all the info man u sure know quite a bit on those maxx trucks
    This is my first e maxx and i got the 3908 and i planning on making it an average basher so i dont always have to go to the bench after each ride
    I've upgraded bulkheads, rpm true track in back, rpm front, rpm skids, rpm bumpers, custom light kit, lunsford titanium suspension pins, and a few more lol
    I'll try getting those bearings then thanks
    What other kind of upgrade suggestion do u have for an average basher?

RC Qualifier
    Fink I would suggest the FLM Ultimate Bulks....Ejector Pins......the double clutch system.....( what bulks did you upgrade to? ) RPM Wheels.....remaining with the steel Traxxas Pivot Balls........RPM Shock Towers with steel or Carbon Fiber Rods connecting each other for minmal bending and twisting of the shock towers ( the first thing I broke on my Stock Emaxx was the rear shock tower after jumping a mild foot and a half high jump ) and possibly upgrading your servos ( I have two words for the stock plastic servo gears ) upgrading batteries....show up a pic of what you have so far Fink....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I did order a novak glitch buster though for the savox. If that's not enough I will take the bec off my revo. Don't really need 486 oz's of power when 403 will do on the revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Getting there!!

Looking good .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Yeah i will usman its just that im kinda not fimiliar with the traxxas comunity forums
    So how to i post my pics on these threads?
    Any help appreciated

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You will need something like photobucket. Upload pics to photobucket then open a pic. Click img to copy the pic and in the forum paste it (control v)

RC poster
    Ok thanks a lot man i'll try

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got a few more parts in today!
    Hr servo saver didn't make it yet
    I got the stock revo carriers for the metal ring to put on the rpm carriers

Looking good Dave...I got as glitch buster for my Summit but have removed it. Let us know if you notice any difference with and without it.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i don't know whats going on. ordered the braces from stormer hobbies part number flm16005 but they don't match the ones on flm's website. these have the same part number but fit their aluminum chassis but a totally different design

whoa big difference i am seeing there. i would check to make sure those are the braces from them. maybe they changed the design and havent updated their site or the other way around

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i found what it fits but don't see them sold separate. it's for flm's aluminum chassis 10900

That's a bummer mate...what did those set you back?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    30 + shipping emailed them but i polished them!

didnt damage them right? if it didnt then you may be able to send them back, it didnt say it was only for their chassis?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I went to flm and got the part number. Went to stormer and ordered it. Now on stormer it says for the aluminum chassis so I asked them and they told me to call flm. I called flm and they never called back. Somehow it was packaged wrong
    I emailed stormer Lets see if they get back to me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Double post

headache here..... sorry this is happening to you. they should have seen the package and part # on them before shipping. I know i always look at the #'s when i open the package right away if it doesnt match i just put them back in or dont even open it most stuff comes in clear plastic so i look close and make sure it matches the screen as well

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's just it. It is the right part number sealed with the wrong part.

then it falls on stormer hobbies to refund you the shipping cost to send it back to them and send out the right part. its their job as a company to make sure the right part is in the package. Its one route you can go or just take it up with FLM they may just send you the part free of charge who knows but dont let it go by too long if that doesnt pan out go with stormer to get the right part or get your money back plus your shipping cost to send and your shipping you paid for it to get to you and order from some where else. its a idea.

RC Racer
    Let me know if you wanna sell them. Used price of course