• dislike

3 27.27%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It never showed!
    I shimmed the stock for now

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i was surprised the servo center bolt took a 2.5mm bolt! i had to open up the arm hole but now it won't come off!

Nice...coming together nicely mate
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had some time so I upped the capacitor to 6800 10v.
    I soldered it this way because of the bigger diameter. My 1/2" shrink wrap is too small!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Alright, I have saved up some money for a really nice servo finally! I am tired of having the plastic gears on my stock servos shred and consume some of my runtime. This is a mod I've been willing to do for a long time now and am finally making the move. After seeing Dave's incredible setup ( looks really good 50togo ) I'm aspired and calling out to everyone for thier help and input. I want a really really good, strong servo that will be simple to use. Even if I have to install a capacitor, then thats fine. But I'd rather just have a nice, easy to use, plug and play type of a servo. Possibly with titanium gears and a nice warranty where if something happens to it I can get it replaced and covered. What are the suggestions? Whats the verdict? I'm ready to buy right now. Anyone have a model number, suggestion? I've been pointed towards the Hitec servos, what the best one that I can get that , again, will have really strong bulletproof gears and a nice warranty package in case anything goes wrong? Will I also need a BEC? Please take your time with suggestions and thoughts because I'll probably have this servo for a really long time for my Emaxx....... I swear to you....with the stock servos I have right now, one three-five foot jump and a possible cartwheel I take, and I'm back inside scratching my head....and or rebuilding the gears again.........Thanks everyone...looking good 50togo!

RC Qualifier
    And also, what is that capacitor for and how the heck does it work and how did you make it ? Thanks...looking forward to hearing suggestions !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go for the hitec 7950th. I have one in my revo much better then the savox!the hitec will not need a bec or glitch buster capacitor. The savox is a power hungry servo and draws too much power. Without the capacitor it would twitch and lock to one side. The hitec has titanium gears! http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/ser...hs-7950th.html
    In my revo thread I had a bec to get 7.4 volts for 486 ounces but I took it off for the maxx. 403 is plenty then made my own glitch buster and the savox works good now but still noisy!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-06-2013 at 04:33 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Dave, I'll get that one. I'll shop around for the best price possible now that I have the model number and all. Great that it has titanium gears! Do you have any suggestions for a really good horn to get, while I'm at it with ordering some stuff? I really appreciate the help buddy!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    even something like this will work for the horn.http://www.ebay.com/itm/10374B-Racer...item4ac1a2e64a on the maxx it takes a very short horn.i had to cut and drill and tap mine but this might work

RC Qualifier
    Just bought the horn, still fishing for the best price on the servo. Thank you soo much. I will let you know how it all goes......and hopefully I'll be up along with my maxx off higher jumps than what its been jumped, without having a stop with a shreded plastic gear........next on my list is to get a shroud so that my chasis and everything in it doesn't have to get eaten up by the outdoor elements

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good deal!

RC Qualifier
    Just placed my order from RCHOBBIES for life for the servo horn in blue mentioned above and for the hitec 7950th.........Thanks for the suggestions!

RC Qualifier
    Hey Dave, also, I hope you can just possibly help me on another thing regarding race temp strips for my motor. I spoke with Leslee from Race Temps and since we weren't sure which temp gauge strips I would exactly need, this is what Leslee wrote to me, and after you read it, perhaps you could tell me which ones I would exactly need so I don't end up getting two that I wouldn't use and not have to waste them:
    Hi there! For some reason your email was in my junk folder. I am not sure how hot you run, however, for your purpose I do normally send the lower temperature range which is 107-217 F. /42-103 C. If you want you can order a pack of the racetemps at retail price online and I can send you 2 of each for the same price. So you would get 4 strips for the price of 3 and you can try them out and see which ones you need for sure! Thank you for your interest and if you decide to order it this way, just specify that you want 2 of each and email me too and I won't forget. Hope to hear from you soon! Leslee

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go for the lower temp one!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Dave, will do so, no point of having wasted the other ones, even if I could have. I always appreciate your suggestions/advice/information/friendship. I'm ultra excited about my new Hitec Servo I ordered today, ( from the link you sent me, i see its thier stronges/best one ! ) How are those boca bearings working out for you? I've never tampered with the bearings I have in my motor right now, even though I called Castle before and they said that I shouldn't have to worry about my motor going bad...they said it will have a long life. I was afraid I was going to shorten it's duration of life by all that "braking" I was doing, but to avoid breaking things, I've kept better, stronger bearings in mind........easy process to update the bearings in the motor? With Boca? Any better bearings out there on the market than boca for the motor? Not too much more to upgrade to now........but the sky isn't the limit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That sounds good!
    I wouldn't worry about the motor bearings! I really only put orange seal motor bearings in mine because I had a 15% off coupon and had good luck with ceramics in my other cars. One of those upgrades that you don't really need! Good thing about stock bearings is they tell you when they start to to bad. When ceramics go bad it happens fast

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    look what came today!
    i have been looking around .do these mount with the body posts facing front or rear -both to the rear??? one to the front one to the rear? of course no instructions!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-07-2013 at 05:56 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you got them right, one points to the front, the other to the back.

Last edited by RC-Fan; 03-07-2013 at 06:33 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice! thanks
    Stay with stock body posts for a weak link?
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-07-2013 at 06:41 PM.

RC Champion
    may i ask how is this working out for you. do they last. http://www.racetemp.com/
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    working fine! so far sticking on the motor good even with the ribs on the motor

RC Champion
    thats good to know. when i was browsing the beginning pages of your thread i saw it. and bought some. beats looking for my temp gun all the time. peace.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I received the gh bell crank today! Good thing I have a good supply of shims. See the play on the right side compared to the left
    Had some bearings laying around too and shimmed the spring for more tension
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-08-2013 at 12:46 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can you say heavy duty spring!

RC Champion
    Did you get a GH bellcrank instead of the HR? It looks just like my GH only blue. I had to shim mine too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep hr never showed
    Too.stiff. sticking with the stock spring shimmed!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-08-2013 at 03:07 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Champion
    mine would stick in one direction. I ended up forming a mylar washer inbetween to get it to work smoothly in both directions.
    IMO all these alum savers should be made with some kind of nylon insert or somthing to give them a nice smooth break away action.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 03-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    did you run 4 bearings?

got the flm shock towers installed!

RC Qualifier
    Your Maxx is really making me want to get one so many great options for it
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yep a lot you can do to it! but then i did a lot to my revo's! (erbe & mervs)
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-08-2013 at 10:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey your Maxx looks like it is coming just right along ! Looking good ! I used to have a GH Bellcrank ( i probably didn't know how to use it right ) and sold it because as soon as I took my Emaxx out with the GH racing bellcrank, my stock servos would tear right up, and the stock plastic gears just stripped a few minutes into the run, I think I remember telling you about it and us realizing that maybe the GH Racing bellcranks were "too strong" for my stock servos. Looking at the progression of your build and how you used shims and the specific spring with your installation of your bellcrank, i'm thinking maybe i should have shimmed and learned a little more about the GH bellcrank system. With the installation of any bellcrank on an Emaxx, is there anything you might want to pay attention to? Everything seemed to be just fine when I installed my GH Racing Bellcrank on my Emaxx, but maybe i didn't install it correctly, with the shimms. I had the stock spring and bearings and other parts from my removed stock bellcrank. Since I just recently upgraded to a Hitec Servo that is on it's way, perhaps I should just re-attempt to bulletproof my maxx with an aftermarket bellcrank, with thoughts of how if I remain with my stock bellcrank that I stuck with, mabye that will be "lighter" on my new strong servo and absorb some of the forces that might be harmful to my servo....any suggestions? Thanks !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    other then the 5mm shims and did you have 4 bearings or two bearings and two bushings?
    plus now your pushing 403 ounces compared to 250

RC Racer
    Hey 50, does your arms hit the tbone skid?

RC Qualifier
    What I literally did was take everything that was off my stock bellcrank, like the bearings, which I think were two in one post and another two in the other, and used the stock spring. I didn't use shims, where is it vital to shim on the GH bellcrank? Thanks ! Just ordered the last FLM 10900 Maxx Chasis that Stormer had in Stock !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope. T bone doesn't hit
    I was pretty sure stock has two bearings and two bushings. I was surprised when I had two bearings to replace the bushings

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I remember two bearings and two of the white bushings....i think the bellcrank was just too strong for my stock servos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And maybe the bushings too. I have all bearings

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Now that I have the flm shock towers I am going to check out a proline rear wing!
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-10-2013 at 10:39 PM.