Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

8 72.73%
  • dislike

3 27.27%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxx

RC Champion
    usman, Dont buy that one. You can find them much cheaper. Same thing. Heres one. free shipping
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-EZ...item3f20271674
    might take a little longer for shipping from hong kong .
    Not shore how many volt the castle draws. This one is 5 volts.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-31-2013 at 01:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you very much. That one is much better! I didn't come across that one until just now. I just got a bunch of titanium screws and for some odd reason, the HPI Z069 Titanium TP Flat Head Screw M3x15mm screws has threads that are more spaced out that the stock/some aftermarket steel screws that i've gotten for the Emaxx. Should I avoid them type of screws and stick with the screws that have threads that are very similar to the stock ones? I'm ordering one of those fans right now, thanks emaxxbrushless !

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Bolts right up with no mods. Same width even!
    Will last twice as long at least and I figure could handle more slippage if I needed it
    Here is where I got it http://www.ebay.com/itm/150987502798...84.m1439.l2649

I am also running hr hard anodized clutch pads. Trx15hsl. And yes those pics are from my revo parts are in the mail!
    thanks bookmarked and not so bad on price. im thinking their site is a little cheaper sometimes ill check it out, when you get running let me know how it does if you see a difference
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    usman, I recomend tonysscrews, good quality hardened screws. They have sets for e-maxx.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just received my tony's screws for my revo. They look pretty good!
    I have ran the double clutch on my revo and ran perfectly. So far so good!

The castle fan doesn't seem to blow much air. The fan on my merv blows way more air!
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-31-2013 at 04:08 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi 50togo , nice thread !

How do you like your maxx compared to your e-revo ?

I curently have an e-maxx brushless that I like very much , a savage flux and i'm building an e-revo from scratch but I will need to sell one .

Thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by e-marc View Post
    Hi 50togo , nice thread !

How do you like your maxx compared to your e-revo ?

I curently have an e-maxx brushless that I like very much , a savage flux and i'm building an e-revo from scratch but I will need to sell one .

Thanks
    Sell the savage....of course lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    right now i have trenchers on the maxx so it will handle rougher terrain then my revo on badlands. my daughter runs the maxx more than me but it's a blast and on the street wheelies better then my revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Since its a new ring &pinion I always run it for a few minutes and loosens it up a little bit after shimming

pretty good there using a drill press to run your diff setup. now why didnt i think about that? humm think i am getting lazy at thinking up stuff. Nice tip next time i have to shim ill try that though i dont have a drill press ill try it with a drill

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My dewalt wouldn't work with these hybrid bulkheads

what was wrong with using the dewalt? i have a craftsman power drill 3/8 and i think i have access to a 1/2" have to dig. do you just spin it slow or about medium speed to get the shims set? explain what you do so i dont mess mine up

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No that's not the problem! With the flm bulkhead its too tight
    With the merv I start slow with he dewalt and then faster but my drill press its a pain to switch speeds

Ooh OK so start it slow then work your way up on speed now do you get going full speed? My drill says it 3000rpm so if I went all the way full speed after like 15-20 mins then checked shimming.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It really only helps a bit. Because there is no load on it but about 5 minutes at a time is good. If its a new ring and pinion I will shim a little on the tight side because it will wear in.
    After shimming I add some grease on the ring gear and close it up .put it on the drill and it will loosen up after a while

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It really only helps a bit. Because there is no load on it but about 5 minutes at a time is good. If its a new ring and pinion I will shim a little on the tight side because it will wear in.
    After shimming I add some grease on the ring gear and close it up .put it on the drill and it will loosen up after a while
    Started that when I had so many diff problems in my mervs!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    boca bearings didn't come in even paid extra for priority mail .should of been here today.guess no bashing this weekend

that sucks when you dont get something on time when you pay to have it on time. Thats when local hobby shops come in hand but they dont always carry stuff you want .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My titanium pins didn't make it either. I know lot of extra funds paying extra for priority

The double up clutch came in!

Last edited by 50togo; 02-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.

no perfect time to use it than right now. gonna break that in sometime

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Figured I would assemble the cvds with the washer mod

Last edited by 50togo; 02-02-2013 at 07:27 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My hr hard anodized clutch pads were supposed to be delivered today another disappointment and wasted shipping costs
    So I assembled the clutch anyway but might pull.it apart and put them in

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    usman, Dont buy that one. You can find them much cheaper. Same thing. Heres one. free shipping
    might take a little longer for shipping from hong kong .
    Not shore how many volt the castle draws. This one is 5 volts.
    Make sure to check the diameter of the heats sink. The one in the link with the fan on top was too big for my motor. I had to use the one with the fan on the side and stretch it to fit.

My hr hard anodized clutch pads were supposed to be delivered today another disappointment and wasted shipping costs
    So I assembled the clutch anyway but might pull.it apart and put them in
    Ugh I know how you feel. All my rigs are down right now waiting for parts. I try to support my LHS, but they're prices are ridiculous.

I just received my tony's screws for my revo. They look pretty good!
    I have ran the double clutch on my revo and ran perfectly. So far so good!

The castle fan doesn't seem to blow much air. The fan on my merv blows way more air!
    Yeah the castle fan is weak. I'm gonna try and sell the one I got.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The castle fan looks like the size of one I have that blows a ton of air. I might try it muchmore racing Ultimate high speed fan

RC Qualifier
    Will the fan in the link that EMAXXBRUSHLESS sent me with the measuremnts of the fan being :
    Cooling Fan Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) : 48 x 48 x 16mm
    Heat Sink Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 44 x 60mm

heres the link once again :

Hey 50togo, what drive cups are you using with your FLM bulks with the CVDs? Whats the "Figured I would assemble the cvds with the washer mod" all about? thats something new to me and i'm sure it would benefit me knowing about the mod, thanks !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its a mod to run traxxas center cvds to a 8mm pinion
    You use the losi b3541 and put a 2.5mm washer on each side of the cvd shaft and fits tight in the cup need a pin from a losi a2861 and then heat shrink tubing to keep the pin from coming out

Here is the castle blower http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item2c6be134db
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-03-2013 at 11:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ooo....so let me get this straight, if I get two of the losi b3541 I can attach them to the pinion that came with my FLM Ultimate bulks to allow me to run my traxxas steel CVDs?? I did some mearsurements tonight and measured the FLM pinion to be 8mm on the pinion side and then 5mm where the drive cup goes.Are you using the pinion that came with the FLM bulk kit?

RC Qualifier
    And will I need anything else for this mod? What kind of red grears do you use. You really seem to know your stuff !

RC Qualifier
    I was just looking up 2.5mm washers and found several variations...do you have a part number for the 2.5mm washers you used?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-03-2013 at 11:18 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use mobil one synthetic grease. Yes if your pinion shaft is 8mm this mod will work with traxxas center cvds
    I thought the flm pinions were turned down to 6mm?
    For the heat shrink I used this http://www.ebay.com/itm/230894671018...84.m1439.l2649

And for the drive cups I thought they were 6mm not 5mm
    I cut some traxxas 5454 shafts. Trimmed the threads off and cleaned them up
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, i'll have those losi cups and washers on order. Yesterday I was fidling with my FLM Ultimate Hybrid bulks and I got a measurement of 8mm for the pinion diameter closer to the pinion side and a measurement of approx 5mm diameter on the side closest to where the drive cup would sit.....essentially where the grub screw would go to hold down the drive cup....the precise measuremnts that i got for the FLM pinion is 5mm and where the flat grub screw spot is a measuremnt of 4.5mm. I plan on using the traxxas steel center cvds for the time being along with traxxas steel shafts in all four corners until i get things on a roll with the Losi XXL LST2 shaft mods.........so your advice will be very helpful to me. What do you use the heat shrink for ?

RC Qualifier
    o i c what the heat shrink is for......gotcha...........ok......yeah time to get this mod on my setup now.............perfect.......well once again those are the measurements i got for the FLM Kit included center output pinion that would connect to the center shafts, 8mm on the side closest to the pinion gear head.....and 5mm on the side that would be closest to the center shaft.........and a measurment of 4.5mm where the flat spot is where the grub screw would sit flat to hold it in place....this mod is perfect for what i need........can anyone verify my measuremnts......or did i get another odd set of stuff with my FLM Ultimate bulks ..........by the way.....I used the longest screw and 3x15mm screws to hold these pupies in place...i know 50togo and I were trying to figure out exactly how to screw these things correctly....everything is looking good !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wi think with your pinion turned down you need these http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...coupler&cat=33
    Call mike and ask him if these will work

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Five days later shipped priority and my lunsford titanium pins are still not here!
    But this finally came in

RC Qualifier
    Hmm.....Thanks for that 50togo...those bearings sure do look beefy ! I'll have to call Mike and ask him for sure! My short term goal is to run the FLM Ultimate Bulks with Traxxas Steel Center CVDs. Now with that coupler you provided me a link with......where will that go? I thought I was going to be able to use the same setup you have at the moment.....the FLM bulks with the Traxxas Steel Center CVDs.....along with the losi cup

RC Qualifier
    Are you using the Pinion that came with the FLM Ultimate Bulks ? Thanks for the clear up on the confusion.....and your new Maxx is looking incredible !

RC Qualifier
    Alright, so I just looked more into it......here is whats going on with my current build which is inspired by yours !
    I will have the FLM Ultimate Bulks....with the pinion it came with....i've got two of the Losi LOSB3541 F/R Differential Drive Yokes on order and already have the Traxxas Steel CVDs along with those washers, anything missing?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My pinion shaft is 8mm from a hyper 7. Its not turned down to 5mm like yours .I think you need the adapter I linked in post 274
    Might work with more washers but rc monster adapter would be better.
    With the washer mod you also need losi a2861 for the pins

Check out rc monster!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-04-2013 at 03:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Oo000oo I c....That is awesome. I know you've talked about the Hyper 7 Diffs. Are you also running the whole Hyper 7 Diff in your FLM bulks? Did you get your titanium pins in today?