View Poll Results: how do you like my thread

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

8 72.73%
  • dislike

3 27.27%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxx

I have an idea for both of you send your trucks to me if your at your last end with them for a time then you'll miss them after that LOL.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wait til I pick up some more parts!
    Got the hybrid bulkheads in today! Didn't know they came with the shafts for traxxas axles! Now I don't need to cut my 5454 shafts
    Of course no instructions!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Definitely looks like fun!

RC Racer
    Drop back to a 2s Lipo E-Maxx and I bet you a dime that your parts stop breaking at such an alarming rate! You guys running the big power trucks likely are hitting things really hard and applying massive driveline shock compared to us old dudes

This is my 2007 E-MAXX. I've never removed a motor yet, never seen the inside of the differentials.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Actually my maxx has only seen 4s!
    Our favorite hill we climb is rocky and bumpy and yes very hard on the diffs but take any other monster truck and it could handle it in stock condition!

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Wait til I pick up some more parts!
    Got the hybrid bulkheads in today! Didn't know they came with the shafts for traxxas axles! Now I don't need to cut my 5454 shafts
    Of course no instructions!
    now those parts i will take with the emaxx lol man nice. keep the parts bin getting full then send it over. Ill put it up in the closet and when you miss it enough ill send it back with the parts bin like that you wont get tired of it and sell it off! I stop playing with mine when it starts breaking too much or i get mad for what ever reason like this i dont sell it off.

Actually my maxx has only seen 4s!
    Our favorite hill we climb is rocky and bumpy and yes very hard on the diffs but take any other monster truck and it could handle it in stock condition!
    I Bet my pede would do better than my maxx would since it doesnt have diffs i might bend a shock shaft or 2 and bearings maybe and if it wasnt nitro. I would take my maxx to the Bald summit hill climb but dont think it will make it since its so slippery there on the mountain side and i dont want to carry it for 2+ miles.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like my pinion bearings failed !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    now those parts i will take with the emaxx lol man nice. keep the parts bin getting full then send it over. Ill put it up in the closet and when you miss it enough ill send it back with the parts bin like that you wont get tired of it and sell it off! I stop playing with mine when it starts breaking too much or i get mad for what ever reason like this i dont sell it off.
    Yep! I rarely sell my old projects still have my two t maxxes and would love to hear my 1/8 scale buggy run!

now is that a traxxas bearing? didnt you just install that? that is dirty like its been there for months! alot of dirt gets in there i see thats the emaxx right?

I normally dont sell my projects either but my pede was not going to be used ill build another later perhaps from the ground up again this time maybe a revo.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 01-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep traxxas bearing. The diff started to go 5 minutes into the ride and I told her to just drive on it and bashed another 30 minutes. Lot of dirt came in through the front bearings! Yep only two rides on new geara and grease!

cheap bearings i tell you, needs updating along with their servos.
    trying to not buy anything with that money i just got lol. its hard.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hopefully the stock losi bearings hold up! I have the boca yellow seals in my revo and can't afford them in the maxx at the moment. Flm hybrids look tough!

hopefully they do. i know about that price for the boca bearings pricey thats for sure. Ooh yeah those FLM bulks are nice looks like you wont have trouble with those.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bought a new spider gear set for the shims and the shims behind the large spider gears. Paid priority so should be in tomorrow!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A month ago I never thought I would have 1/8 scale diffs in both of my trucks!

RC Champion
    I really want to do a center diff and have a full 1/8 scale drivetrain. I have the vorza diffs, lst2 axles, tekno carriers and vorza 17mm adapters. The last piece is a center diff/ tranny delete. Have you ever considered going that route?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No but that would be tough!
    I do have a center diff laying around about ten years ago I took a two speed I found on ebay and put it (somehow) into my 1/8 scale. Worked out perfectly and should of heard it when it shifted!
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My parts didn't come in! 30 miles away and shipped priority and nothing
    But the parts from Pennsylvania ordered the same time did. Figure that out!

haha yeah it happens sometimes it gets their faster. what happens i found out is that the place doesnt ship it out give it to the carrier. like last night i made the shipping label for a package i am shipping but it wont be taken till today this afternoon to post office to drop off yet it says its recieved the label sometimes it will say at local post office but in fact its not.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so the problem is mine are missing the aluminum spacer .older styles diffs were wider so newer style need the spacer. then i may need the extended shafts for the 1.8mm spacer .
    will this ever end!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Think I will try some ofna hyper 7 diffs. Maybe they will work without the spacer

RC Racer
    Are these for the hybrid bulks?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes for the hybid diffs
    Why. Hear something?

RC Racer
    There was a thread on another site that the guy was having issues with fitment of the hyper diffs

RC Champion
    I am also changing the diffs in my flm hybrid bulks, because I want a 8mm pinion shaft and somthing to do over the winter. A little info for you guys on the hyper 7 TQ diffs in the flm hybrid bulks. I got some and after some measuring i can see they wont fit. Heres why. On the castor diff that came with the hybrid bulk It took .032 shim on the ring gear side for propper mesh. and .054 on the other side. On the hyper TQ diff the bearing on the ring gear doesnt fit flush to the gear like it does on the castor diff. Theres a .050 gap which is.018 more than the shim i used on the castor. and since the gears are both just about the same thickness this tells me it wont work without modification. on mine anyway. I dont know how close the tolerance is on the hybrid bulks some may be a bit bigger and may just fit. My castor diff measures 1.282 to the outside of bearings and with .086 total shims its 1.386 and fit the hybrid bulk perfect with no slop. Im waiting for some hpi diffs w/hardened diff gears,hope they fit ,wish me luck. LOL

RC Racer
    Why are you guys changing from the diff that flm includes?

RC Champion
    (1) I dont care for the short 5mm pinion shaft on the castor diff. Probably never break but im just picky and rather have a longer straight 8mm shaft to better hold the cup. I dont think theres really anything bad about the castor diff.
    (2) To make it even stronger with some diffs with hardened gears. maybe alum cup if they make one to fit the diffs i decide on.
    (3) Just somthing fun to do over the winter months here. and spend more money> LOL

RC Champion
    Both of my castor diffs (that came with the flm bulks) seized up
    50- fwiw vorza/d8/ve8/d8t diffs drop in perfectly with no shimming.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mine has about .074 gap on the ring side. I will see when they show up. This is turning out just like my losi mod on my revo

I couldn't find the combo in stock only the bulkheads
    I was looking for d8 diffs couldn't find them

Is anyone running the aluminum spacer on the pinion side? I talked to flm tech and he said I need it
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Both of my castor diffs (that came with the flm bulks) seized up
    50- fwiw vorza/d8/ve8/d8t diffs drop in perfectly with no shimming.

Did you shim them?

RC Champion
    SLW-SVT, What weight diff fluid did you put in your castor diffs when you got them?
    50 togo, I used the 1/32" alum spacer on the ring gear side with the castor diff and flm hybrid. was just right on mine for the mesh.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so it took .032 shims and the spacer!
    they are suppose to contact me to send me the spacer. did you have to run their extended stub axle shafts ?
    why are they called castor diffs?

RC Champion
    no just the 1/32" spacer on the ring gear side, and .054 shims on the other. They might not all be the same but i would think they would be close. You can put some thin shims together to make the spacer.
    I dont know why they are called castor?

RC Racer
    IIRC The brand is caster racing. I also just ordered the rear hybrid bulk. The fronts are out of stock everywhere.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    (1) I dont care for the short 5mm pinion shaft on the castor diff. Probably never break but im just picky and rather have a longer straight 8mm shaft to better hold the cup. I dont think theres really anything bad about the castor diff.
    (2) To make it even stronger with some diffs with hardened gears. maybe alum cup if they make one to fit the diffs i decide on.
    (3) Just somthing fun to do over the winter months here. and spend more money> LOL
    Cool, I was just trying to see if something was wrong with them.

RC Champion
    Did you shim them?
    Yeah those are the shims I used in the pic. I didn't do any further shimming on the inside of the diff though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just playing around it took 5 x .3mm shims and 1 x .1mm shim all one the ring gear side. I will wait for the spacer or/and try the other diff
    Thought flm would have closer tolerances

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Yeah those are the shims I used in the pic. I didn't do any further shimming on the inside of the diff though

On my lst diff I had shims behind each spider gear. May have helped
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-25-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Looking awesome soo far !