RC Competitor

Slayer Pro en route to me as we speak... anything I should look at straight up?

hey all, placed my order today for the slayer pro.

I'm keen to spend a few extra bucks to get it upgraded straight away. any tips on what to do?

I see some people suggest sway bars, can anyone point me to a good online store with these bad boys available?

also I saw a thread saying the servo/radio is sh|te, is this true for the slayer pro? something I should consider in near future?

what about odd tools? I have a standard "man toolbox", will this kit come with any necessary odd tools I may need?

thanks, any comments welcome.

RC Champion
    you'll be fine on tools.

My upgrades......

um, I dont have any. Sway bar and tires for your area.

Welcome to the fourms, and the Slayer section! You made a good choice when you bought your Slayer, it's a great truck! I find the stock tools work just fine, but better tools can be nice though. I'm with Redsawacs, I don't have any upgrades on my Slayer other then the Traxxas sway bar kit, and some Pro line Epic beadlocks with Pro line Switch tires. The sway bar kit GREAT. It helps the truck not flip as much, handle better, and have more traction while turnning. Here is a link to the sway bars, http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...ctCode=TRA5998 And here is a link to the tires and rims I'm using, just in case your interested. Rims, http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Line_Sla.../pro270904.htm And the tires. http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...Code=PRO107801 Other than that, the best advise I can give you is to take your time when you break the engine in. Don't try to rush it, or skip any part, the waiting is worth it to make sure your engine will have the most performance and life you can get out of it. The first step can take a long time, don't worry. It will tend to stop running, stall, and not even move during the first, and second step. Good luck! Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    yea upgrades is a pretty short list for the truck. Just your sway bars and some heavier springs.
    I run some integy +12mm hub extensions on mine, adds just under a inch to the width of the truck. The only thing with those hubs is they are 17mm hex's for the wheels. But I run 1/8 wheels on mine, right now i'm running the sc8 wheels on it.
    Traxxas also makes some nice Toe links and pushrods for it to.

Only issue i have ever really had mine is I kept snapping the pin in the tranny on the main output shaft. Think i went through like 5 in a month. lol granted i drove it like i stole it in the beginning to test the truck, but once i found a happy spot for the slipper clutch i haven't had any issues. have gone this whole summer with no issues.

Other than that I have no complaints with the truck. It's a pretty durable truck. very few broken parts, Only have broken that pin in my tranny, bent pushrod tie rod. Other than that it's held up great!

RC Competitor
    Yeah.....great truck!! Take yer time on the break in and all will be well!! I rushed it the first time and broke my con rod. Learned out to rebuild the engine sooner than I thought, but I got it right the second time. A good break in will reward you later!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the input... I shal wait and see what the run-in brings!
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4