RC Racer

Some Final Questions before I go Lipo?

Hello folks. I got a pretty good overview on lipo batteries. Now here are some questions that I'm sure can be important in maintaining these type of batteries.

So when I'm done running down a lipo on my Rustler, do I charge the battery up again and then put it in storage mode right after?

RC Enthusiast
    You charge the battery with storage mode if your charger has it. If not charge to around 3.9v per cell or so for the best results.

And it depends how long you plan to let the lipo sit before the next use. If it'll only be a couple days I charge it after I use it so it'll be ready.

Any longer, I put it in storage mode.

The DBT
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Perfect. Thanks for the feedback guys.

RC Champion
    Ran my first lipo last week. WOW what a difference and the nice thing for the first run on a new lipo it only took 20 minutes from storage too full. I can't believe I waited this long.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robby22 View Post
    Hello folks. I got a pretty good overview on lipo batteries. Now here are some questions that I'm sure can be important in maintaining these type of batteries.

So when I'm done running down a lipo on my Rustler, do I charge the battery up again and then put it in storage mode right after?
    Your lipo battery should till you at what voltage for storing should be , mind is 3.5v per cell . Mind is a 3s 25c 5000Mah Traxxas low voltage shutdown is about 3.+v . This is what I was told . Check with your battery manufacture to make sure with it should be . It take mind about 80min, to charge after storage mold , that at a 5amp charge . My charger is a onyx 245 . I use a lvd meter and a 12v bulb to put into storage . Mind say if your not going to use it for 2 days put it in storage .
    1 Rusty VXL

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Ran my first lipo last week. WOW what a difference and the nice thing for the first run on a new lipo it only took 20 minutes from storage too full. I can't believe I waited this long.
    I love the enthusiasm of recent converts!

Traxxas LVD seems to be about 3.4 to 3.5 Volts per cell. That's a good, safe level. A good tip to remember is that LiPos like the same environment as potatoes (after they are harvested.) Store in a cool, dry place at about 50% capacity - 3.8 to 3.9 Volts per cell. The worst thing you can do for storage is keep them fully charged is a hot environment.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I love the enthusiasm of recent converts!

Traxxas LVD seems to be about 3.4 to 3.5 Volts per cell. That's a good, safe level. A good tip to remember is that LiPos like the same environment as potatoes (after they are harvested.) Store in a cool, dry place at about 50% capacity - 3.8 to 3.9 Volts per cell. The worst thing you can do for storage is keep them fully charged is a hot environment.
    Traxxas support told me that the esc shuts down about 3v per cell , witch is to low for storage .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    I called TRAXXAS tech and was told vilenion lvc is set at 3.6.