Thread: Banned products

Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Banned products

While I realize this is a Traxxas forum site I think that banning products to be discussed on this site borders on stopping your freedom of speech. That is like advertising in a newspaper and they would not let you because they do not like what you are advertising. Even though the newspaper is owned by someone that would be stopping your freedom of speech. I am sure the paper would be sued. If Traxxas built better parts for the boat that would hold up we would not have to replace them with aftermarket parts. Stop this blatant policy that violates our freedom of speech.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    While I realize this is a Traxxas forum site I think that banning products to be discussed on this site borders on stopping your freedom of speech. That is like advertising in a newspaper and they would not let you because they do not like what you are advertising. Even though the newspaper is owned by someone that would be stopping your freedom of speech. I am sure the paper would be sued. If Traxxas built better parts for the boat that would hold up we would not have to replace them with aftermarket parts. Stop this blatant policy that violates our freedom of speech.
    I second to that! You see the Infractions under my name that's the cause, one day I will b banned.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

A little understanding of our rules and of the constitution you so glibly (and incorrectly) quote would go a long way.

1. Unless you only read one post so far it should be extremely clear that many different non Traxxas products are discussed in this forum. Since your post count currently stands at 291, I assume you have read more than one post.
    2. The company in question sells illegal knockoff Traxxas items.
    3. Why would we allow them to benefit from free advertising on our site at our cost?
    4. Freedom of speech applies in public areas.
    5. This is a privately owned and operated forum which has rules that YOU agreed to when you signed up.
    6. Even if you did not read or understand the forum rules any better than you did the first amendment they still apply.
    7. Your home is also privately owned and you get to make the rules there.
    8. If one of your guests violates your rules of conduct in your home you can kick them out without violating their freedom of speech or freedom of expression.

I am closing this thread. Please do not start another like it.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn