RC poster

EVX2 cutting out under full power

I have two 2s lipo batteries in my emaxx. When I instantly punch the throttle the truck jerks slightly and that's it. At first I thought it was my steering servos causing some problem so I disconnected them and it still did it. If I ease into the throttle I can eventually pull the trigger all the way back and it won't die. Please help, I've searched but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

RC Champion
    When you punch the throttle, it causes a load on the batteries, and that causes a voltage drop in the lipos, if you have very small capacity, or low C, or old lipos, or they just arnt charging, the LVC in the evx will cut in.

Minimum, you should have 4000mah, 20C, 2x2s lipos. Any less than that, or if your lipos are old, or not charging right, and you will have this problem. Or theres an issue in ur EVX. You could buy a external LVA ($11) that plugs into the balacne tab, and just run in Nimh mode, and this would check my theory, because the LVA would beep when the voltage dropped, but stop when you let off the throttle.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC poster
    Batteries are a month old 4000mah 30C Gens Ace. I use them in my brushless slash and sc10 with no issues.

RC Champion
    Then ur EVX is ticked off at you. try rebonding to the tx maybe? switch sides on the batteries, so the same isnt on the same side of the ESC. Maybe take it to a hobby shop or local track, and see if you can barrow one for a few min to hook in and see if it accepts the batts.

RC Champion
    there's a few that's had problems with the gens packs lately with new packs, But it could be other electrical problems. motor problems/esc problem or just simply a bad connection somewhere.

I'd charge batteries incl Tx. Check all the connectors including the Rx, then check motors/esc.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Does your charger do cycle charging? maybe cycle them. I would think it was the batts (cheap lipos are cheap lipos, and even good companies have a dud every few hundred packs), but they run fine in ur other cars.

Only thing being that the other cars, even the vxl, does not have as much power draw as the MAXX, so that may be ur issue.

RC poster
    OK I a ran it for a while. It seems after I zip it up and down the road for 2 mins or so I'm finally able to punch it from a dead stop (so the ESC or motors need to warm up...). I also noticed when I quit running one lipo was at 7.5v and the other was at 6.0v YIKES!!! I put the low battery on the charger and both cells were at 3.0. So it's not like one cell was bad. This thing does suck down the juice quick. I may need to invest in bigger MAH batteries. Does anybody have any suggestions? Can I still use the included straps if I go bigger?

RC poster
    This also made me realize I need to invest in a few LVAs...

Can anybody recommend me one please?
    Last edited by 2011GT; 11-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.

RC Champion
    chargery BM6 is a decent alarm or there is other less cost programmable alarms that are also suitable on fleEbay.
    you only need one plugged into the bec side lipo, As that runs down faster than the other side.
    You just need to program it to say 3.5V per cell.
    If you been hitting 3V on that lipo a few times, it could in time harm it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    When you punch the throttle, it causes a load on the batteries, and that causes a voltage drop in the lipos, if you have very small capacity, or low C, or old lipos, or they just arnt charging, the LVC in the evx will cut in.

Minimum, you should have 4000mah, 20C, 2x2s lipos. Any less than that, or if your lipos are old, or not charging right, and you will have this problem. Or theres an issue in ur EVX. You could buy a external LVA ($11) that plugs into the balacne tab, and just run in Nimh mode, and this would check my theory, because the LVA would beep when the voltage dropped, but stop when you let off the throttle.
    The EVX-2 was designed for the old NiMH, so even old LiPo's with lower C will work fine. I never had an issue with mine.

Did you try to reprogram the Radio and ESC to reset the end points? If you are using a radio with 70/30 and 50/50 setup, try changing it and reprogram the ESC. If you don't like it, go back to the original set.
    Not enough space here

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    chargery BM6 is a decent alarm or there is other less cost programmable alarms that are also suitable on fleEbay.
    you only need one plugged into the bec side lipo, As that runs down faster than the other side.
    You just need to program it to say 3.5V per cell.
    If you been hitting 3V on that lipo a few times, it could in time harm it.
    what does bec mean?

edit: I googled it
    Last edited by 2011GT; 11-19-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Battery elimination circuit.it feeds the correct voltage to the rx and in turn to the servos

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    I did that still jacked up. I think my EVX2 is wack.

RC Champion
    I don't know, i'd think it would be either the motors or connectors rather than the esc.

RC Qualifier
    I honestly think you got battery issues. You have a massive difference in voltages between your 2 lipos after running. I have less then 0.25v between the 2 lipos after a good run. The BEC side will always be lower than the other side but not much more than 0.25v. I think your lipo that dropped to 6v is toast. Its eiher that or 1 or both of your motors are cooked. I dont think its an ESC issue.

Either a motor is cooked and suckin too much from the batts OR your lipos are bunk ( mainly the 6v one ) Which the esc is picking up as a flat battery.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermaxx View Post
    I honestly think you got battery issues. You have a massive difference in voltages between your 2 lipos after running. I have less then 0.25v between the 2 lipos after a good run. The BEC side will always be lower than the other side but not much more than 0.25v. I think your lipo that dropped to 6v is toast. Its eiher that or 1 or both of your motors are cooked. I dont think its an ESC issue.

Either a motor is cooked and suckin too much from the batts OR your lipos are bunk ( mainly the 6v one ) Which the esc is picking up as a flat battery.
    I have another set of lipos on the charger now. I'll report back later. The motors seem fine to me.