Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3

    Need some wisdom for problems with my Revo controls....?

    Hi everyone... If I knew there was a forum I would have been here a long time ago... I hope some of you won't mind helping me out... Here's my problem.

    I have a Revo 3.3 I have had for a few years now... Just got it back out to get goin and have some fun and when I turn on the transmitter and receiver there seemed to be interference. The steering servo was figity. When I turn right with the transmitter the wheels on the revo would turn right but with what seemed like interference and some times not all the way right. No sound of gear trouble in the servo... The controls seemed to be backwards at times too.. When I would attmept to turn the wheels left they would stay straight... Then sometimes when I turn the wheel right the revo will turn its wheels left.. Controls reversed somehow.. Very random which way it goes but one things constant.. I can't get the wheels to go left on purpose. I pulled the trigger and the throttle servo started to act figity and random too... I thought maybe there was a problem with the crystal set so I replaced with new. The symptoms remained with new crystals.. Before checking the servos I upgraded to the water proof high torque ones anyway... Same problems remain...

    Anyone have any knowledge of whether it is a problem with the transmitter and or receiver? Maybe I should upgrade from the TQ3 to a 2.4GHz?

    Sorry for all the dumb questions but I am just ignorant to what and how this stuff works. Thanks in advance for any help... Also, if any of you have switched to a 2.4 setup... How do you like it and what would you recommend?


  2. #2
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tanker 822
    Posts
    9,613
    Could be a sliced open wire or damage to the radio system. It may be in your best interest to upgrade the radio; AM is out of date and you'll appreciate the upgrade.
    The Super Derecho

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Could be a sliced open wire or damage to the radio system. It may be in your best interest to upgrade the radio; AM is out of date and you'll appreciate the upgrade.
    Double G... Thanks for taking the time to help out! I think I like your idea... What's a radio system that's popular these days? Seems like the hobby shops here in Kansas City are next to nil anymore. Popular web sites to order from? Or are folks using the newer traxxas stuff... Thanks again... Btw, are you a firefighter? Looks like an official rig in your avatar... I am a fireman here in KC Mo.

  4. #4
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tanker 822
    Posts
    9,613
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrent View Post
    I am a fireman here in KC Mo.
    Paid-on-call. Not assigned to any specific rig, though this beast is my favorite to operate: 2000 gal tank, 2000 gal/min dual stage pump... Everyday job is long hours at the dispatch center though I'd love to be on the streets full-time. Until then....

    As for the radio, an inexpensive--though good--upgrade is the Traxxas 2.4 Link or even the newer TQi. IMHO, you don't necessarily need an expensive radio like a Futaba or Spektrum; I've never had problems with the Traxxas Link.
    The Super Derecho

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    87
    Carl Thibault Spartan Class pumper..500 gal capacity, 1750 gpm dual stage
    I just felt like jumping on the bandwagon too!!

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Paid-on-call. Not assigned to any specific rig, though this beast is my favorite to operate: 2000 gal tank, 2000 gal/min dual stage pump... Everyday job is long hours at the dispatch center though I'd love to be on the streets full-time. Until then....

    As for the radio, an inexpensive--though good--upgrade is the Traxxas 2.4 Link or even the newer TQi. IMHO, you don't necessarily need an expensive radio like a Futaba or Spektrum; I've never had problems with the Traxxas Link.
    Holy crap! That's a beast of a rig for sure! Here in KC we have 34 pumpers but they only hold 500 gallons except for 3 that hold 1000. E one-not very impressive rigs but I guess you can't complain if you're getting water

    Hey thanks again for helping me start to figure this out... I am excited to be able to enjoy my revo again finally. I hope the change out of the new setup isn't too difficult.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skholar View Post
    Carl Thibault Spartan Class pumper..500 gal capacity, 1750 gpm dual stage
    I just felt like jumping on the bandwagon too!!
    I will have to look that pumper up! Seems to be a hang out for fire fighters Glad you jumped on!

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    87
    Yeah...I'm the D/C in a 30 man volunteer dept......

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Palisade Colorado
    Posts
    511
    If your going to upgrade go with the 2.4 its just easier all of my truck now have and I love it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •