PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!

URC temporarily closed...

Forums are closed for a brief period to remind all participants that the simple forum rules are to be followed at all times (bookmark the link, re-read it when the site reopens). They exist to keep this community resource clean, family-friendly, and helpful. I support open-mindedness about all brands & projects, different driving styles & desires, nitro & electric, speed runs & rock crawling. If it's RC and it's not impinging upon anyone else's safety & lifestyle, URC is all about it.

I don't tolerate foul language (including attempts to mask it with asterisks & letter substitutions), racism, homophobia, religious intolerance, or any other form of unnecessary ugliness or negativity that takes away from peoples' wholesome enjoyment of our expensive toy cars, trucks, boats, helis, planes, & whatever else we stick a receiver into.

Thanks for your understanding, and see you soon.

-theJANG
    founder, owner, admin

Maybe jang may close the site as well as stop doing rc vids...

Hope not, but am glad this site will be here if so. There may be an influx of new members popping in while URC is in the penalty box. Lets make sure to give a warm welcome 8)
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Looks like our awesome moderators might need to go over to URC and fix this problem. Go mods!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Now that the Jang is pretty much out of the RC business and full on Brick Builder, I have noticed URC posts getting lower and lower. I think he might be trying to kill the site without flat out shutting it down.

But, if you are into brink build (Legos, MegaBlocks, etc...) check out Jang Brinks' YouTube channel, some pretty cool stuff over there!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Looks like our awesome moderators might need to go over to URC and fix this problem. Go mods!
    Nah, we're pretty much not wanted there in any capacity.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Yea I really liked Jang's review vids. I think he started losing the love for it. I did the same thing with my other hobby before RC'ing
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Yea I really liked Jang's review vids. I think he started losing the love for it. I did the same thing with my other hobby before RC'ing
    if I understand the story right, two things happened at once that forced him to shift his focus. First, the track that he did most of his reviews at closed and there isn't another close. Second, they passed laws in his county that made it illegal to run RCs in most areas (welcome to California).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    if I understand the story right, two things happened at once that forced him to shift his focus. First, the track that he did most of his reviews at closed and there isn't another close. Second, they passed laws in his county that made it illegal to run RCs in most areas (welcome to California).

Dang that sucks! I hope that never happens in Texas.... Pretty sure it wont but still. Well URC videos helped break down box stock stuff I was interested in and I'm grateful for that and like everything, time has its due.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

I have a real hard time believing that RC was banned where Jang lives. There definitely is no state law in California banning RC there may be some local ordinance limiting their use but I seriously doubt they have been out right outlawed anywhere in the State.

We can speculate all we want but we may never really know his reasons . I would guess he just has too much on his plate. I have always wondered how he handled all the web pages he has by himself
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I have a real hard time believing that RC was banned where Jang lives. There definitely is no state law in California banning RC there may be some local ordinance limiting their use but I seriously doubt they have been out right outlawed anywhere in the State.
    It's probably that all plots of land good for bashing have been made illegal to enter. Pretty much any empty lot in and around cities in California has a No Trespassing sign and people will call the cops. I don't know if this is the same in your city but that's the way it is in Temecula.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

We can speculate all we want but we may never really know his reasons . I would guess he just has too much on his plate. I have always wondered how he handled all the web pages he has by himself
    If URC was up I could get to the post where Jang explained what was going on. Don't quite remember if it was Santa Clara county, the city if San Jose, or his bash spot away from the track that was closed to RC.

As a California native, I can see areas around the state, especially the Bay Area closing off recreation areas to RCers. They pretty much killed the crawling clubs that were in that area.

I would really like to see Jang go back to doing reviews RC reviews.

I saw Jang's comments about the track closing and loss of bashing spots. I am sure that did not help the over all situation. He had stopped doing videos long before any of that was posted or the track moved.

Second, they passed laws in his county that made it illegal to run RCs in most areas (welcome to California).
    This is what I took issue with. Passing laws and people keeping their private property private or not allowing places like Parks or schools be used for RC is not the same thing as an entire County passing a law to make RC illegal or putting it off on the State of California. I am sure Jang has his reasons for what he did I just dont believe it is because of a new law or anything the State did.

Let's face it he had posted a lot of negative comments toward many members and the RC community has a whole for things that were posted on URC or attitudes shown on the forum or his various YouTube channels. He had even closed the Lounge sub forum. I think he was just fed up and had too much else going on that he enjoys more.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-27-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Let's face it he had posted a lot of negative comments toward many members and the RC community has a whole for things that were posted on URC or attitudes shown on the forum or his various YouTube channels. He had even closed the Lounge sub forum. I think he was just fed up and had too much else going on that he enjoys more.
    Very true.
    But lets face it, this is not charity work he is doing, the web site alone is a money maker with the amount of advertising on there; he also makes a good chunk of change on URC and RC Mania's YouTube channel. It just seems strange to me that he'd purposely kill the revenue stream, but I don't actually know the guy or his motivations. For better or worse, he is an icon in the RC community and his reviews helped sell a lot of models. I have read more than a few posts on this forum by a new guy that said they bought a Traxxas model after seeing Jang's review.

As far as my home state goes, yes, they are closing a lot of places off to the public that were once opened for recreational use (i.e. offroad vehicles, RCs, etc...). The current legislature's stand is that public lands should be see from the comfort of the interstate and not intruded upon by the public.

My sincere apologies to the forum for having misspoke about the RC laws in Jang's area, my comments were from what I remembered. I should have done a quick fact check before posting. Doing a little research, that I should of done before posting, I have found that the only thing they have banned in that area are "drones" in residential areas.

URC is back up and running this morning and The Lounge is even open again.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

Well I am glad the site is up again. Last thing we need as a whole is any kind of shrinkage or reduction in the exposure of this awesome hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Well I am glad the site is up again. Last thing we need as a whole is any kind of shrinkage or reduction in the exposure of this awesome hobby.
    Sadly that's what is happen everywhere. Only 1 hobbyshop in WPB and I believe in Boca. Only 1 off-road track left. The city of Wellington wanted to build a on-road/off-road rc track at a park a few years back but the people themselves didn't approve of the budget and it got scrapped.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Enthusiast
    I miss URC vids, Jang hasnt made one in a while
    You will never know unless you try

RC Champion
    I watched a Lego video he did recently. Comparing that to the later rc videos. There is a huge difference in his voice how happy he seemed. My guess is, he just moved on to another hobby for the moment or permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Sadly that's what is happen everywhere. Only 1 hobbyshop in WPB and I believe in Boca. Only 1 off-road track left. The city of Wellington wanted to build a on-road/off-road rc track at a park a few years back but the people themselves didn't approve of the budget and it got scrapped.
    The economy killed off 4 LHS's in Broward county that I know of. 1 of them was my sponsor
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

I still have 3 hobby shops around, but one of coolest toy stores ever in my area closed down last year due to on line competition. They supported all forms of rc, had a huge slot car track, and had a super wide range of toy and hobby related items for ages 0 to 100...
    R.I.P AB Charles Co.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I still have 3 hobby shops around, but one of coolest toy stores ever in my area closed down last year due to on line competition. They supported all forms of rc, had a huge slot car track, and had a super wide range of toy and hobby related items for ages 0 to 100...
    R.I.P AB Charles Co.

Same is happening in my area. M&M hobby center is closing down in a few days and they had an awesome selection of aviation and off road parts including tons of Traxxas stuff as well as there track.... So much comes to mind when I think of them. Wish I had visited more... 😐
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Champion
    Quick story: So i decided to support my LHS which is 30 minutes away in a different town, I called before i went to make sure they had the part, which they did. I get there and there's a sign on the door thanking the community for 20 years of business Come to find out they moved another 30 minutes further up the road and relocated. They told me that they were barely breaking even at the original store.

They could have at least told me they moved locations before driving 30 minutes to get something from them

Now i'm localhobbyshopless lol
    IMO

RC poster
    I have one LHS near my work (no track)...10minute drive away. The next one would take me an hour to get there. Going there tomorrow to stalk the UPS driver for my Rustler VXL. I could of bought of line a bit cheaper but arrived the same time. However, I like to support local from time to time when I have that option and its not a killer on my pocket to start relationships.

RC Qualifier
    I still have three hobby stores somewhat close by plus a few more that are farther but you can tell that the stores arent doing any better because of on line competition. I mean my hobby stores are never packed, theres only like one person there at a time.

Jang was BY FAR my favorite RC channel just because of his quality work that he did. He took his time in every video and they always came out good. I mean his reviews were amazing to the point where he would purposely break the cars just to show us how durable they are and all the weak points they had.

RIP UltimateRCnetwork
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

Yup, the net has killed off tons of LHS's that didn't stay competitive on line.
    All the good ones around here are gone, the last one doesn't stock hardly anything nitro.
    I do miss having a great one 10mins down the road from me.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    Yup, the net has killed off tons of LHS's that didn't stay competitive on line.
    All the good ones around here are gone, the last one doesn't stock hardly anything nitro.
    I do miss having a great one 10mins down the road from me.
    Same here, All of my LHS's are going all non-nitro.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...