RC poster

3rd Place at a local club race with my 1/10 Rally - out of the box stock!

I had a great time racing my brand new 1/10 Rally car at Hot Rod Hobbies on Friday night.
    It was a light turnout so they mixed 1/8 Nitro with the Pro4 class and that's what I raced and got 3rd overall in a 10 minute main event!
    Except for the lipo battery, the car was completely out of the box stock and turned a lot of heads. The only practice I had was the day before when I went out and shot this video because I was so stoked on this little car.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1xe...feature=vmdshb
    I'm hoping a few more dudes get Rally cars for some wheel to wheel racing.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe your just a good driver

RC poster
    Ha! Not really but I have a lot of fun...it's been a long time since racing regular but this car will get me back out to the track.

This is great news, I'm planning to race mine too. But a 10 minute main is more like an endurance race compared to the 5min mains at my track.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    You are def living up to your username. Great work on the vid. The stock tires look like they work very well at that track. Congrtats on the strong finish against the nitro buggies. You must be a very good driver is right. Imagine what you can do when you improve your setup...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Nice video man, driving was great to.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC poster
    Thanks! I really had fun shooting that video and re-learning to drive again. I've been scanning around the forum learning a few good tricks to dial this thing in.

Off topic, but what do you use for video editing, and HOW DO I DO THAT. lol...

RC poster
    Well, I use a program called Avid Media Composer (on my home-built pc) but have used many others over the years like Final Cut pro.
    I don't know if you are a Mac or PC dude but both platforms have free software like iMovie and Windows Movie Maker...just shoot with your handy cam and start fooling around with it and eventually good stuff will happen!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Pfft. Of course your fast. You got a blue one.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Haha!

Man nice video, I enjoyed that, and it makes me jelous. I wish I had a track close by I would spend hours there, daily lol.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    If he was green/black he would have been 1st!

Great video! One of the coolest ones to watch so far.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Wow !!! Nice job with the vid and that is some nice driving. Hats off to you !!!

RC Champion
    That is a quality shoot, I enjoyed that but would like to see more please!

Nice color BLUE is

Very cool track layout, that one looks like real fun and good workout for the Rally.

And congrats on finishing 3rd, sandbagger LOL

RC poster
    HAHA! I'll try to do a few tweaks to the thing and come up with another video! Maybe some on board stuff.
    Anyone for suggestions on a tire and rim combo for a high traction wet track setp for this thing? The rims look to be standard Slash 4wd but I don't know if I want to run short course truck tires and kill the great scale looks this thing has. The stock tires just had NO side bite at all during race conditions like hole shots or tazers.

You wheeled that Rally car like you were owning that track... nice driving... Looks like others will be having to watch you closely... But don't scare off the competition too soon... lol
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by autoedit View Post
    HAHA! I'll try to do a few tweaks to the thing and come up with another video! Maybe some on board stuff.
    Anyone for suggestions on a tire and rim combo for a high traction wet track setp for this thing? The rims look to be standard Slash 4wd but I don't know if I want to run short course truck tires and kill the great scale looks this thing has. The stock tires just had NO side bite at all during race conditions like hole shots or tazers.
    If you are gonna run on a damp clay smooth indoor track, hot bodies megabites pink compound tires worked very well and were the tire of choice for the local aces... They are a short course tire, but should be close in dimensions to the stock tires.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    If you are gonna run on a damp clay smooth indoor track, hot bodies megabites pink compound tires worked very well and were the tire of choice for the local aces... They are a short course tire, but should be close in dimensions to the stock tires.
    Fantastic tip...love the look of those tires and ordered some tonight. Thanks so much!