Thread: Scalpel body

RC Qualifier

Scalpel body

Hi. Does anyone know what mods would be required to put the Scalpel body on the Rally?
    Thanks in advance.
    Scott.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Don't think you have to do anything, just drop the mounts low. If it was a slash, you would need a Jconcepts conversion bumper or the trx rally bumper. Think you would need shorter posts on the rear.. xo1/rally fronts, so you don't cut your long set.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have a thread about this... if you look at the videos from Jconcepts youd see the scalpel body is designed to be run with front offset 2.8 wheels, which are way wider than the rally or slash wheels. If you try to run it on the stock rally the wheels will be WAY inside the fenders and probably look kindof funny. Im sure you could simply run wider tires but on the stock rally with no other changes it wont look right.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    You could run 2wd slash ft sc rims, and if that dont widen it enough, a protrac surely would get those tires out far enough...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yeah, the protrac arms and FT offset slash rims would probably get you close. But thats far from just getting the body. I just wanted to make sure people know you cant just buy the body and have it fit the rally correctly... but your right rag6, that woudl probably be enough to make it fit. And it would probably handle better.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ