RC Champion

Jaco Foams finally came in!!! PICS inside

FINALLY got my foams in. The shipment was affected by hurricane sandy.

Now, i'm not one of those guys who spends $1,000's on parts to go 100mph with a rustler I'm MORE THAN SATISFIED with the speed the velineon motor has to offer.

My only goal is to hit the mph i paid for and was promised by traxxas on the vxl box...70mph

Next i think i'll try the GRP wheel/tire combo. but for now i bought the Jacos because they were a "bolt-right-on" package.

PART NUMBERS
    Front JAC2030
    Rear JAC2050

RC Qualifier
    Looks Really good man. The all white looks "clean". Try spraying some grape juice or some cola on them to make them stick to the pavement a little bit better. Will save you a little cash on traction compound. I got lucky and didn't spend nowhere near $1000 on my rustler I'm trying to hit 100mph with..lol. Keep up the good work man, hopefully no accidents so you can keep it looking as fresh as you got it now!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Looks Really good man. The all white looks "clean". Try spraying some grape juice or some cola on them to make them stick to the pavement a little bit better. Will save you a little cash on traction compound. I got lucky and didn't spend nowhere near $1000 on my rustler I'm trying to hit 100mph with..lol. Keep up the good work man, hopefully no accidents so you can keep it looking as fresh as you got it now!!!!
    Will do! and im really not doing the speed runs with the white body

RC Qualifier
    Nice foams!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    Ok I'm going to throw this out there. . . . Nice shoes Both on the Rusty and in the background ! WOW you have a collection.

Keep us posted on the rusty! Make sure to get some vids as well.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Jacos after you run them. I've owned a set like you have and now I have a set of the low profile Jaco foams. They are great for going in a straight line if they get traction on the surface you are running on but I hate the way they tend to chatter or hop when cornering.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I'm curious to hear what you think of the Jacos after you run them. I've owned a set like you have and now I have a set of the low profile Jaco foams. They are great for going in a straight line if they get traction on the surface you are running on but I hate the way they tend to chatter or hop when cornering.
    Dadx2mj you are so correct. these things HATE...i repeat HATE turning. They're not for regular bashing. i took them out for a light spin yesterday and i noticed that "chatter" also. but also i noticed on a small speed run that due to the eliminated-ballooning, the rusty is more controllable at high speeds now

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Ok I'm going to throw this out there. . . . Nice shoes Both on the Rusty and in the background ! WOW you have a collection.

Keep us posted on the rusty! Make sure to get some vids as well.
    yea thanks bro. Collecting Air Jordans was my first hobby but it became watered-down so now this RC hobby has captured my heart

Yes no doubt they are VERY stable at speed the only caveat is if the rear tires can get traction on the surface you are on. In one of the parking lots I run in my Jacos hook up good enough to wheelie at one end of the parking lot but on another end where it was repaved with a different surface if I nail the throttle the truck will just spin out.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Yes no doubt they are VERY stable at speed the only caveat is if the rear tires can get traction on the surface you are on. In one of the parking lots I run in my Jacos hook up good enough to wheelie at one end of the parking lot but on another end where it was repaved with a different surface if I nail the throttle the truck will just spin out.
    wow! i gotta see if i can still pop wheelies! hey i wanna ask you do you think i would of came out better with the low-profile Jaco's?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    wow! i gotta see if i can still pop wheelies! hey i wanna ask you do you think i would of came out better with the low-profile Jaco's?
    When I first got the Jaco's like you ahve I was all excited until I ran them and ,,,,well we both know how they drive. I posted it here and it was a while later I got a PM from a rep from Jaco. He told me they had some prototype tires and he wanted to send them to me to see if it solved the wheel chatter. I said sure and gave him my addy. A long time passed, so long I forgot about it and then one night the UPS guy showed up with the new (then) low profile tires.

They definitely were a step in the right direction but in the end still had the same issues just not as pronounced. I think the original ones like you ahve will last longer but the low profiles drive better. Your call as to which would work better for you. I sold my original set my my low profiles sit in a drawer and rarely if ever get used.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    When I first got the Jaco's like you ahve I was all excited until I ran them and ,,,,well we both know how they drive. I posted it here and it was a while later I got a PM from a rep from Jaco. He told me they had some prototype tires and he wanted to send them to me to see if it solved the wheel chatter. I said sure and gave him my addy. A long time passed, so long I forgot about it and then one night the UPS guy showed up with the new (then) low profile tires.

They definitely were a step in the right direction but in the end still had the same issues just not as pronounced. I think the original ones like you ahve will last longer but the low profiles drive better. Your call as to which would work better for you. I sold my original set my my low profiles sit in a drawer and rarely if ever get used.
    Wow! now you've put me in a pickle! it's like "Either-Or" i wanna say i want to stick with these because you said they last longer. And of course, i only do speed runs with these now that i learned my lesson. The low profiles probably drive better only when cornering...correct me if im wrong. so that wouldnt be a "deciding-factor" to me because im only using these for the 70mph high speed runs.

hmmmmmmm