RC Racer

My Modified XL5 Street Bandit

Hey guys,

This is a quick run up of what I've done thus far on the car. Built for the main purpose of running on the street and occasionally on the large flat grassed football ovals.

Have added a few aluminium hop ups including an STRC front bulkhead and front shock tower, Traxxas bellcrank, wheel hubs with bearings, castor blocks and shock caps.

Added the VXL turnbuckle camber links and will have the toe links on this week.

Have adjusted the shock spacers for a lower centre of gravity and added the black chrome wheels with the Anaconda tires.

Up front sits an RPM front bumper and soon to be tie bar.

Had the 12T Titian in it initially and then went for the Hobbywing 4300kv 9T brushless motor and 35a esc combo with a Venom 2S 5300mah 70/140C lipo, all of which gave the Bandit a good kick up the back side in terms of speed, especially when running the 31/76 gear combo.

Six weeks after putting the above in, im used to the speed and so have put in the following today -

Hobbywing 9T 4000KV 4 pole SC 3656 540 sized motor and 120amp, water/dust proof esc combo
    Runs on a Redback 3S 5000mah 30/60C Lipo.

To say it's gone up to the next level again is an understatement!, she wants to flip on acceleration at any speed lol, wheelie bar or not!.

Will have a video up soon all be it a little shaky due to my little girl being a little cold while out filming for me.

Here's a pic for now

RC Champion
    Nice progression ! I have used that 4300kv system on a friends rusty I built and it is a GREAT intro brushless system. Can't wait for the vids !

Nice looking Bandit.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Racer X View Post
    Nice progression ! I have used that 4300kv system on a friends rusty I built and it is a GREAT intro brushless system. Can't wait for the vids !

Nice looking Bandit.
    Cheers AZ Racer X - The 4300kv 9T system on the 2S lipo was a big jump from the brushed setup, and quite fast - i'd guess roughly 50+ Mph ish... This new Hobbywing system is amazing! it just keeps picking up speed and the torque is incredible!. The tires balloon to a pizza cutter when pulling the trigger ever so slightly .

The best bit is after running it a good amount, the motor is only just warm, battery and esc is pretty much cold.

RC Champion
    That's the best part if cooling isn't an issue then your pretty safe. That 4300 setup in the stock plastic tranny with 2s lipo geared 21/86 gets pretty hot on my friends rusty after about 20-30 mins.

Next time you get tires tape the insides and they won't balloon as bad. Helps for traction and againt flipping lol
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Racer
    Yeah the 4300kv setup gets a little warm after a good 20 odd mins but quite within its limits. Def not anything to sneeze at .

Cheers for the tip

RC Racer
    Will take the car out on the grassed areas, larger roads soon. Runs out of space on my street way too fast lol.

Will try the RPM front bumper on upside down to get some more down force i think, or add some wheels stick on weights to the chassis to keep it down.