RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Unfortunate observation about the Scalpel body.

I was really thinking seriously about this body. Maybe setting up for some speed runs or something. So I started looking into it further and have learned it is designed to fit correctly with a front offset wheel for a rustler or stampede. Not a standard SCT offset wheel. So, if you want to run them on your rally, your going to need another set of wheels and tires or it will look funny.

Now I realize this isnt a big issue... but if your wanting to keep the underside of the rally stock and JUST ad the scalpel body it wont be right... the wheels will be too narrow. Again, there is no issue with using the body on the rally LCG chassis... just that it wont work with regular rally wheels/tires. Which is what id prefer to use.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I wonder if it would look good with front rusty anaconda's. I think the black chrome would look nice with a flat yellow body. Will the scalpel work with the rally bumper pave, or do you need the Jconcept's bumper as well?
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I see no reason it wouldnt work with the rally bumper. The Jconcepts bumper is nearly the same thing. Im sure the offset would be perfect with a set of front anacondas... they are the same width as the Jconcepts 2.8's that the scalpel is designed for. Im not sure how anacondas would handle, but they would fit with that body just fine.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    I recently try the anacondas and they grip with warmer temps but when they cool off not so much
    TC3 Touring car
    TC4 Canadian Trans-am

RC Qualifier
    The anacondas don't last very long. The g loc are a much better tire

RC Competitor
    True one race night with 18.5 sec laps and they where quite warned down.
    TC3 Touring car
    TC4 Canadian Trans-am