Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Angry XL-2.5 ESC and Steering Servo Burnt

While bashing last weekend my 1/16 Slash went up in smoke. The car stop working (no throttle nor steering). I find out smoke coming out from ESC. Overheated? I thought, but I just started playing with it. So let it cool down and resume bashing. Now, the steering lock left and cannot steering anymore. I dismantled the servo and examine inside components, sure enough (I can smell burnt odor from servo as well) the electonic circuit board fried! However, my ESC working fine even though some area in the circuit board was burnt. Unfortunately, the 30 days warranty expired (I wish Traxxas would consider extended to 1 year coverage at least). Too bad I cannot post any photos attachment to let guys see it. Don't know if you or anyone who's encounter similar symptom like mine. I'm confused why this happening to me!
    Isaiah 30:21
    1/16 Slash 4x4 Mike Jenkins Edition

RC Enthusiast
    Btw, I'm using Traxxas parallel connectors and Traxxas Ni-MH batteries. No modification were made.

RC Champion
    Wrong forum btw. Maybe your esc was a dud. Call traxxas anyways, they take care of their customers.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Ya if you can prove its faulty and wasn't chewed by a dog or something prior to frying it, Traxxas customer service will replace it for free or a minimal charge.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Competitor
    I called Traxxas after I had a bearing failure in my Velineon 3500 motor and, even though it was past the 30 days, they still replaced the motor, not just the bearing, for absolutely no cost to me, other than postage to send it out.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys for your feedback!
    Since I live in Toronto CANADA, the free customer help-line isn't available. Anyway, I sent them a message and waiting for their reply. Keeping my finger crossed!

RC Champion
    Sounds like the ESC is cooked too. My guess is the output from the onboard BEC to the receiver that eventually ends up at the servo overvolted and cooked the servo. May have also cooked your receiver.