RC Qualifier

2200kv pinion and spur question

WhAt pinion gears are you guys using with the 2200kv motor? I just got my motor today and the shaft on the motor is too thick to fit the factory pinion. Also when I change the pinion will the factory spur gear be compatible? And the last question what size pinion and spur are you guys using? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    robinson racing 5mm pinions and you can run anywhere from a 17 to 24 depending on tires cell count and desired speed

RC Qualifier
    are any of you guys changing the spurs? will the factory plastic spur handle that motor with 5s or 6s batteries?
    Last edited by paulfromtulsa; 11-19-2012 at 04:31 PM.

RC Champion
    +1 on robinson racing 5mm pinions. Personally Im also running the steel spur too. With a 2650 Kv motor Im running 23/50 on 3s.

When you start talking 5s and 6s you better upgrade all of the drive train and buy two of everything as things are going to break, guaranteed. I ran mine on 4s one time and one time only, it was just too much so I backed off to 3s and very happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    are any of you guys changing the spurs? will the factory plastic spur handle that motor with 5s or 6s batteries?
    Gee I hope they will since the ERBE and EMBE have plastic spurs. There is no need to run a steel spur if your mesh is correct but then again there is nothing really wrong with doing so when using a motor with a 5mm shaft either. I would recommend against it on a motor with a 3.17mm (1/8") shaft.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    i ran a 50 tooth spur but plastic and never had a problem

RC Qualifier
    Plastic spur here as well
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    Running mod1 plastic. No problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk