RC Qualifier

My t-maxx won't idle?

Hey guys just install tqi into my maxx 2.5. I also install a hump pack if that matters. It will now just go on its own seems like i can't get it to stop with multi function nob? just slower and faster? here it is with the electronics on it. PICS what should i do? i am hoping not to buy parts because that would suck

Did you have the issue before installing the TQi? If not, then it could be as simple as adjusting the throttle trim to "0" and adjust the horn on the servo so that you get proper carb idle gap.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    it was fine before the switch it just jumped sometimes. so i turn milti function to 0 and how do i do the horn thing?

Remove the horn from the servo by unscrewing the center screw. Turn the electronics on to "0" the servo. Then install the horn and screw. Adjust the linkage collars so that you get proper idle gap and fully open at full throttle and proper braking when you brake.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    i am still a bit confused in what to do. here are what i think you are explainging (im a newb)

1. take the rod on the left side (that goes backwards toward engine when throttle applied) and unscrew little nut in the frount and turn miltifunction to 0?

2. Put nut back on and it should work?

Im sorry im such a newb and confuesed traxxas support isn't open today :/
    Last edited by idkhow101; 11-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Any more help?

RC Qualifier
    i had a problem like that and i just ran it for a few min then i adjusted the idle gap screw and made sure my idle gap was good and it was fine after that. it might just need to warm up a few min then adjust the idle screw.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Mine can idle fin well kind of it just goes forward by itself

RC Competitor
    Since you changed radios, it's probably your transmitter/servos. This is what Double G is referring to. The screw he is talking about is the center screw on the servo. Take that out, and remove the horn. Then, zero your servo.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

RC Competitor
    It's moving forward because it's idling up, slightly engaging the clutch. This causes it to creep forward. However, don't adjust your clutch. The issue remains in the transmitter/servos.
    No Honey, I have had this one for a long time....

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG]Are you talking unscrew that center screw that bars are connected on each side? Middle of screen

RC Qualifier
    It's the screw in the center.take that screw out,pull the horn off the horn is the whole plastic piece that holds both rods. now turn your radio on.then set the trim to 0 on the radio,now put the horn back on making sure the linkage has the carb slide at the in position,look to make sure you still have a 1-11/2 mm gap.put the screw back in and you should be where you need to be.if the slide gap is not at 1-1 1/2 mm set it to that then re tune.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    well im going to do that. Hope i won't have to retune because i have no idea how sense bought used :P

RC Qualifier
    well i took off horn, turned it to 0 i heard the static thing but little white screw didn't move... it seems to idle right for about a second or two then takes off. do i have to retune? im still confuesed with what changing the radio turned the screw lol not doubing your expertise but just confuesed. any pics i can supply just be sure to tell me where they are