RC poster

stampede 4x4 issues

Im new to rc's. Just got a used stampede 4x4.

The issue I have is it jerks/stumbles/hesitates every time I take off slow(less then 1/2 throttle). From searching I found to try and loosen the slipper clutch. I loosened it to the point that the truck would hardly move. But the truck would stil jerk a couple of times before going. I tried it with no gear/load on the motor and it seems to work nice and smooth.

Another note.... The truck doesnt like to wheelie. Stock gearing, tires and new 2s lipo. Is this common on the 4x4. Almost seems like the front tires are doing more then the rears. From gthe vids I watch it seems like I should be able to wheelie.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    That is called cogging. It happens to all sensorless brushless motors. If you can't stand it, get a sensored system.

Is there something broken in your rear driveline? Also how tight is your slipper? Loose = no wheelies. Not being able to wheelie a Pede is like not being able to poop in a toilet. That's almost the main purpose of the vehicle.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Qualifier
    I bought mine new and does this too. It's normal...

RC poster
    Thanks, its good to know thats normal. I can deal with it.

I dont see anything wrong with the driveline other then the axle that broke today. Slipper is about 1/3 turn loose. Any more then 1/2 turn and it slips bad.

DONT RUN THE SLIPPER TO TIGHT OR YOU WILL SNAP YOUR DRIVESHAFT LIKE TWIGS DUDE ...PEACE
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    DONT RUN THE SLIPPER TO TIGHT OR YOU WILL SNAP YOUR DRIVESHAFT LIKE TWIGS DUDE ...PEACE
    In the first month of owning the 4x4 pede I snapped a couple of rear driveshafts so I went to MIPS and now run my slipper on a 1/4 turn. The car is awesome now. I went 1 full turn and the car was so slow and just kept slipping. 1/4 turn with strong shafts and it is sweet

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    What battery did you buy? If the lipo cant handle the current draw, the motor will cog. It is not normal for this to happen with non sensored systems. My SPC batteries dont cog on any of my castle sensorless systems, and they are 4 pole and need much more juice than the stock vxl system. Check the compatibility of the batteries you bought.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    In the first month of owning the 4x4 pede I snapped a couple of rear driveshafts so I went to MIPS and now run my slipper on a 1/4 turn. The car is awesome now. I went 1 full turn and the car was so slow and just kept slipping. 1/4 turn with strong shafts and it is sweet
    I agree. I've got MIP's on the rear and Integy XHD's on the front. I tighten the slipper to 1/4 turn out, then usually a bit more base on feel of how hard it is to turn the spur by hand. The metal axles can take it, and I get wheelies on dirt when the tires grab good enough.

Mips can take what ever you can dish out.but high speed crashes are a no no!!!....peace

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    What battery did you buy? If the lipo cant handle the current draw, the motor will cog. It is not normal for this to happen with non sensored systems. My SPC batteries dont cog on any of my castle sensorless systems, and they are 4 pole and need much more juice than the stock vxl system. Check the compatibility of the batteries you bought.
    Racers edge 5000mah 25c 2s. I can deal with it, didn't know if it was normal.
    Tightened the slipper clutch and it wheelies with ease now. Got some stock axles for now.

Upgrade when you can it will save you money in the long run and its one less thing to worry about......peace