RC Champion

Truck bounces after a jump

I'm having a problem. After I land a jump the truck bottoms out and bounces several inches into the air. This wouldn't be a problem except sometimes it bounces so hard that the truck flips onto its lid I get some pretty big air about 10-15 feet into the air and 20-30 foot distance.

What do I need to do to solve or at least lessen this? I'm running black/gold springs IIRC with variable valve setup in offroad position and 50wt oil. Would stiffer springs help?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion
    I dont know about the bouncing part but on my setup i used the stiffer summit springs to counter bottom outs. It gave the truck a nice lift, no bottom outs and the bounce after a landing wasnt enough to bother me.

my setup was LT rockers, 50wt oil and summit double orange springs all around Good luck
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    I run purple springs in the back with 70 weight shock oil. P2 rockers all around. I can't remember what my front spring is, but it is what most of the guys on here run. I only run purple springs because of a trip to the sand dunes, I put them on and i never took them off. I like it quite a bit now...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

P2 Rockers 80 wt Blue Rear Silver Front, inner hole. I set the shock preload by pushing the chassis to the ground. If the springs fully compress, back off the preload, if not fully compress increase the preload...

Mine will bottom out on that big of a jump, but I don't get the bounce~hop tho....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    I think I'm gonna try blue/silver and if I still get the hop I will try 70wt oil.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Qualifier
    Your spring are probably fine if they have enough oomph to flip the truck. Your oil is either on the light side or has leaked out. Start with the 70. 50 is too light for jumps.
    Some bottoming out is okay, esp on the bigger stuff. Shocks and rocker arms can only take so much force before you break something.

RC Qualifier
    Just checked my front springs and they are silvers. And disregard me saying that i have 70 wt. I am currently running 80wt, everyone has typos sometimes...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Sounds to me like the issue is the with the dampening, either you need thicker oil or to go to a single hole piston on the shock, maybe set your pushrods in to allow more height. Maybe you also need to look into some long travel rockers and summit springs.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Lt rockers are not designed for jumping
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

^Some pep will disagree with that statement. Here again depending on set up, shock springs, oil wt, etc... the LTs might work. They did not work for me tho.. To many broken drive shafts...

OP... you need to play with your set up & see what works for you. You have some good info to work from...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

One could argue the revo wasn't designed to soak up 10-15 ft jumps either, but it does...

I have spent a lot of time reading up on the pit pass section for the revo to try and grasp the adjustments available for the suspension on the revo. Even though it was written for racing the information covers a lot of ground and it is very useful in setting up your truck for what you want.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy