Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puttin out a fire
    Posts
    575

    Whats the difference between Brushed and Brushless ?

    Im looking to purchase a E-Revo. Either the 1/16 or the 1/10. Kinda want the 1/10 more, but money will have an effect. Im pretty new to the RC wolrd and have now a Revo 3.3, Tmaxx 3.3 and a Losi 1/18 Crawler. I think the E-Revo is the next to get. Any recommendations ? Whats better brushed or brushless ? Thanks

    FireMan JBI

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Brushed will be slower, have less power and run time. Brushless will have insane power, good run time, possible less maintenance.

    Brushless is more expensive but you will probably upgrade what ever you eat to it anyways.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puttin out a fire
    Posts
    575
    Ok, well that easy to understand. What about Lipo batteries ? Are there different ones for the car ? I herd somewhere that 14.4V is the max to run ? Does the car come with Lipos ? Again new to Elec and dont understand much about them.

    Thanks for the help deerhurst

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    the brushless system in thw 1/10 is wired in series -two 2 cell batteries =4s 14.8 volts and when running 3 cell you get 6s =22.2 volts

    1/16 is limited to 3s
    Last edited by 50togo; 11-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Ok, well that easy to understand. What about Lipo batteries ? Are there different ones for the car ? I herd somewhere that 14.4V is the max to run ? Does the car come with Lipos ? Again new to Elec and dont understand much about them.

    Thanks for the help deerhurst
    both motors can be run on lipo but many brushed motors will die fairly quickly on lipo.

    the brushed e revo can run up to 4s lipo ( 16.8 fully charged ) and the brudhless e revo can handle 6s lipo ( 25.2 fully charged )

    i wouldnt run more then 3s lipo on a mini e revo. they are small and quick as is it.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puttin out a fire
    Posts
    575
    What is 3s ?

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    154
    3s the lipo battery type

    It means the lipo battery has 3 cells in it hence the 3 the s means the batteries are in series

    So it's just the battery type.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rjm2519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    3,062
    If you are thinking of the erevo, 1/10 brushless is the way to go it has all the best traxxas parts just about already. And definitely the stronger drive-train. If you have a revo now then you should be very familiar with the platform biggest difference between nitro and brushless is the instant power and of course the lack of oily residue all over your truck. I had a big block revo but I can tell you that it didn't get up and go nearly as quick as the brushless revo I have now, and I am not running 3s lipos just 2s. So if I did bump up the power it would probably border on insanely overpowered.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Im looking to purchase a E-Revo. Either the 1/16 or the 1/10. Kinda want the 1/10 more, but money will have an effect. Im pretty new to the RC wolrd and have now a Revo 3.3, Tmaxx 3.3 and a Losi 1/18 Crawler. I think the E-Revo is the next to get. Any recommendations ? Whats better brushed or brushless ? Thanks

    FireMan JBI
    you are talking about three different trucks.
    1/16 BL Revo...... water resistant
    1/10 Brushed Revo.... water resistant
    1/10 BL Revo..... not water resistant

    Sence you have the 3.3 some parts will Fit both 1/10 Revo. You could convert your 3.3 to a BL.....
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...O-E-conversion
    some good info.......

    AOD's Links Revo

    Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

    Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

    Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE


    Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS


    And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

    Driver's ED Manual

    LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Yip-man View Post
    3s the lipo battery type

    It means the lipo battery has 3 cells in it hence the 3 the s means the batteries are in series

    So it's just the battery type.
    Kinda. 3s is 3 cells. S means in series. P means in parallel. So, 3s2p would be 3 cells in series 11.1volts and 2 cells in parallel to make up the capacity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •