RC Champion

yes now you can have a bumper with that alauminum trans

so went to a mx/atv shop that has been carrying traxxas for about a year or so

so looking at one of there proline spec'd slashs they got the front p-l bumper.didnt know they came out
    typed in pro line front bumper on google an up came the p-l site(canot get to product page from the p-l site)

and seen that not only a front bumper but sepriat front skid(for slash )and a rear skid with molded in bumper

now im not sure if this looks sturdie enought to not be able to bolt up to the trans like some aluminum
    ones that dont have the mount
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    That rear skid is genius!

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately, fellers, that stuff has been discontinued for a year or so. I have all three on my 'Pede XL, mostly for the sweet styling and rear bumper mount. The quality of the plastic is not as good as stock or RPM, but the design of the rear skid is awesome, and the front bumper looks really cool and scale. The front skid is so flexible that it requires screws through the bellcrank posts to keep the steering from popping out on the slightest hits. I was lucky enough to find all three pieces at a very busy hobby shop (Mike's in Carrolton, TX), well after they had been discontinued. They even had an extra rear skid. It's nice stuff, durable enough, but if it were, say, the stock Traxxas plastic, it would be super awesome. If you can find it, it's definitely worth picking up.

That looks like a good design for a rear skid/bumper, but I never knew it existed. No wonder it was discontinued.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I have the rear skid with my REM aluminum tranny and it works great. I work with it a little to get it to fit properly. It keep the wheelie bar perfectly straight unlike the RPM wheelie bar mount. It is too bad that Proline discontinued them though. You may catch one on Ebay every now and then.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I still have all 3 on my trucks, with backups! Its a shame they discontinued the set, they're my fave!
    I like the looks of the bumper, its tough. I also had an rem tranny so that's when I started buying the rear skids. Here's the whole set lol
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    hmmm

ya for some reason the guy at the shop said that they can stock the front bumpers
    the one on his truck looked so new(like the fresh out of packe look) just a little rug burn if my memory sarves me right

hmmm eny thing else as cloe to this as posible?
    machining class!
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo