RC Champion

Looking for a light kit

Hey guys.

I got my Rally a few days ago and finally had a chance to run it for a little bit tonight. It was kind of dark out, so it made me think of getting a light kit.

Light kits for 1/10 scale cars or trucks will probably be too small. Any suggestions on a light kit that is larger and would look more scale on the Rally? I was thinking maybe a light kit made for a 1/5 scale, such as the Baja.

Let me know what you guys think.

RC Champion
    You can get a set of 2 light pod's with 12 LED's in each pod and wire's to plug into the rx box for 25 buck's from Hobbypartz.com.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    The hard part imo is the body doesn't have great places to mount LED's. the head light lens is not flat to mount a light there plus the bumper is right behind most of the front. I was thinking a reliable way to mounting lights was to use LED strips that would double stick tape to the underside of the hood and roof area, light facing down. Or get a clear body and fabricate lenses buckets behind the body before you paint it. Or try and remove the paint behind the stock body.This way they stay protected.
    Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    Light kits for 1/10 scale cars or trucks will probably be too small. Any suggestions on a light kit that is larger and would look more scale on the Rally? I was thinking maybe a light kit made for a 1/5 scale, such as the Baja.

Let me know what you guys think.
    I think bigger lights is a great idea for the Rally. Let us know what you come up with.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    These folks were extremely pleasant and helpful on a project of mine and I am sure could help you out too!
    http://www.rclighthouse.com

look under their tab for Light Bars

RC Champion
    I was looking at those the other day. I have never had lights on any of my rc's and was thinking of getting my 1'st set for the Rally. As I understand you set them up where you want them, plug into RX and your good to go?
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    RPM makes a roof mounted light bar for the 1/10 slash you can add actual LEDS into. The light bar mounts to the roof with supplied brackets and is made from RPMs super durable plastic so you know its tough.

You could put one on the roof and one on the nose like a real rally car. It would provide tons of light and would look really cool.

just a thought.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    These folks were extremely pleasant and helpful on a project of mine and I am sure could help you out too!
    http://www.rclighthouse.com

look under their tab for Light Bars
    Thanks for the link. I will give that site a loom when I get a chance.

RC Qualifier
    BillsCustomrclighting.com, cheaper than rclighthouse
    I've dealt with bill before n prices r cheaper as well as shipping
    Comes with metal bezels