Thread: Body fitment?

RC Champion

Body fitment?

I have a new 72 c10 pick up body I was thinking of mounting the body slightly back instead if cutting up the front of the body like this...

So if the front bumper takes a hit it won't take out my body..it might be a little off but I won't have to cut the front of the body..

RC Qualifier
    I think it'd look fine that way. My Tamiya hard body sits a bit behind the bumper just like you're considering, and if you move yours sufficiently far back it can drop down behind where the bumper mounts slope downward. It gives you a nice raked profile if desired.

RC Champion
    Looks pretty good just like that. It may be an issue on the tail end where the body might get snagged if it hangs out over the rear bumper. You might be able to fab up a way to extend the rear bumper.

RC Champion
    If the body sticks out a little behind the rear bumper, you can zip-tie around one level of the bumper, and then have it rotate upwards on the zip ties like a 1/1 funny car body.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Champion
    Can I get a roll cage to fit under this body?

RC poster
    hmmmm the windshield may be too steep especially if you mount the body slightly back from the original position. if you can compare the driver cabin size from this body with the stock body one try it , if this one is narrower than the stock body one it will be hard imo.

RC Champion
    Thats a cool paint job.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    I'm gonna bag the cage and get tbr bumpers..