Hybrid View

RC poster

Mini E-Revo wing on a Boss 302 Mustang VXL? Oh yes!

Well, I got an idea today and thought I should give it a try.

Since I have had some traction issues on my way to reach 60mph I felt like a wing with added downforce could do some magic.

So I went to my local r/c shop and asked to see a mini revo wing and held it up against the mustang body, and surely it seemed to fit pretty well. So I purchased the wing + stock wing mount and went to my own shop (I build real race cars) and started to do some test fitting. It turned out that I could get the wing right where I want when adding only some old modified Kyosho parts that I found in a box.

The carbon fiber look, well it looks cheap so Im gonna repaint it at some point.

RC Qualifier
    Looks pretty sweet. Hope it helps with your downforce issues.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Champion
    That wing and paint scheme looks real smooth. Thumbs up!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Looks real smooth, wing is way to high for my personal liking. But it sure gets it up there into the air. Should help.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Looks real smooth, wing is way to high for my personal liking. But it sure gets it up there into the air. Should help.
    Thanks! Yeah for looks, it's way to high. But I hope the hight should catch the air coming from the roof. The part of the mount that the wing is attached has holes all the way down to the body and the wing sits on clips. So I can adjust it to the hight that works best. If its more efficient on a lower setting, I'll cut the top parts of the mount.