RC poster

Motor Tuning Problem - Almost dies after WOT

Ok, my revo just got a makeover and now its the TRX 3.3 ..

Well before the colder weather my Revo was running perfect. However, now that the temp has dropped 30 degrees I'm having a little issue. I know that when the temp drops you should richen the HSN because of the denser air. My Revo was running a little warm (280-300) so I richened the HSN to get the temps down. Now that the temps are in a respectable range I'm having a issue after wide open throttle. From take off all the way through the power band the engine runs perfect; nice trail of smoke, nice performance, nice temps. However as soon as I let off the gas after a high speed run the car drops to a idle that is barely running then after a few seconds or if I tap the gas the idle returns to a perfectly fine healthy idle. If I lean the HSN back up to get rid of the almost dying issue the car over heats. Ran a few tanks trying to trouble shoot it and I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Trying to do an end run around the Rules of this forum never works out well for the member making the attempt.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Just finish the tune now........do the lsn.....then the idle and yer done.You have to do it all after you change the hsn.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC poster
    Yea think I'm gonna try everything from factory Froggy. Tore it all apart last night and did a detail clean so we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Trying to do an end run around the Rules of this forum never works out well for the member making the attempt.
    And that is why this one is closed too.
    The Super Derecho