RC Champion

"Never say Never"

I believe it's also called "murphy's law".

My son (38 years young) and I were bashing on our new lay out track when his steering servo gave out. ( he has a non Traxxas SCT)
    I had a spare Traxxas servo (2075) and gave it to him to use. I told him I have "never" had to replace a steering servo in any of my Slashes. And while he was making the repairs I contuned to pratcice on the new lay out when..... murphy's law went into effect... The steering servo broke in my Slash...

Just saying, never say "never"
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Gotta hate when that happens
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Orca44 what part did you break in your servo.
    I broke my 2075 today.
    My output gear snapped. Not happy about that break

600th POST!!
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Man that's a funny story... Funny, I've never had a steering servo go out on my Slash... (Knocking on wood very loudly)
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    my first traxxas 2075 that came with my slash started having major issues holding center after about 9 months so i swapped in an old but similar spec futaba i had laying about, which cought fire, and was rapidly replaced with the spectrum servo i have now. and hat kinda lead to a completely not waterproof slash.

RC Champion
    The rebuild kit with gears and bearings is only $4 for the 2075 if that helps ease the pain LOL

I have a spare so I won't need a spare.............if you know what I mean LOL

RC Qualifier
    Thank goodness this wasn't some kinda Justin bieber styled slash or something lol. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic title. Sorry to hear about your servo. Good thing they make rebuild kits so cheap these days!

RC Champion
    I don't know what part(s) in the servo failed as I have not taken it apart yet.... I did order the rebuild kit and should be at my LHS on Tuesday.

My son gave me back the one I loaned him and I have put that one in ye old Slash.

While I was at the hobby shop I did pick a HiTEC HS-646wp, which is water proof with metal gears, I mainly purchased it as a another back up if needed (on sale for $32), or put in my sand car build. It's specs are a little better than the stock Slash 2075.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    The rebuild kit with gears and bearings is only $4 for the 2075 if that helps ease the pain LOL

I have a spare so I won't need a spare.............if you know what I mean LOL
    That's what I bought and the gear I needed broke..
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    The Traxxas rebuild kit came in and at only $4 picked up two to have one as a spare.

Installed the new gear set and all is good. So now have a spare servo and a spare gear set for future use....LOL

Now to remember to "never say never" if ya know what I mean...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis