RC poster

Cool Summit motor and esc selections (need help)

Hello guys i'm new here so i would like your help cause i have a roller summit 1/10 and i would like to ask you what esc and motor to put on it.Either brushless or brushed.I'm thinking for the tekin rx8 since it's sensored and i like it for crawling but this thing is too expensive for me at this time and should i buy it cause i don't really want to go at very high speeds !I would like to see your suggestions!!

Stock evx 2 esc and a 14.4v dewalt is a great combo for this truck.lots of torque
    Very durable and doesn't mind getting wet.dewalt is about $30 minor mods to make it fit.just my opinion.i do have a tekin and brushless motor as well but run the dewalt in the fall and winter

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    +1 Dewalt 14.4 especially when it comes to keepin your Summit waterproof. The "wet" season (snow or water) is soon to be here for many Summit owners. Like Jamman stated, many who run brushless still go back to stock or Dewalt for wet play. Put a Dewalt with an EXV2 for winter and save your change till spring.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Competitor
    What's the speed like with a deWalt motor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I ran dual kershaw designs 700HO motors I get my summit for a long time with the stock ESC and 2 2s 7000 mah lipo's.

So much torque! Speed id say 30ish.

Right now im running 6s using the XO-1 motor and ESC. Its alot of fun and stupid fast. But its not water proof.

Id go with a Dewalt motor to start, cheap and easy to maintain plus eater proof. Use the money you save for lipo's. Check out kershaw designs for motor options s

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by adamargue91 View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    About the same as stock, but if I'm not mistaking you can gear it higher.
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by adamargue91 View Post
    I GPS'd my 775 at 19-20mph with the stock 14/68 gearing. I currently have my Dewalt geared 18/68. The Dewalt runs right at 25mph. I have not checked the speed with the Dewalt running the 14 tooth pinion.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC poster
    How is it wit pinion and spurs? The smaller pinion the more speed? Or vice versa? Im putting in a dewalt next week but since this is my first rc car and first mod im not so familia with the details :-)

RC Champion
    Spur is attached to the car, and Pinion is attached to the motor. As long as you remember that, it'll be easy to figure out:

If you want the motor to spin more, but the car to spin less - you need a smaller pinion. If you want the car to spin more, but the motor to spin less, you need a larger pinion.

A small spur means the car spins faster per motor revolution. The smaller it is, the quicker it makes one revolution.

RC Champion
    What the uber intelligent Krallopian is saying is:

Bigger pinion (motor gear/more teeth) more top speed but less torque
    Smaller pinion (less teeth) less speed but more torque and faster acceleration ( wheelies)

Its advisable to keep the same spur ( transmission) gear and just change the motor's pinion to adapt to your terrain
    The pinion is far easier to change than the spur, and a change in pinion gear usually has a greater effect than a change in spur gear ( when one considers the number of teeth involved vs calculated gearing)
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    how about the mmp?
    dose 2-6s lipo with cut off,
    does brushed and sensored/sensorless

and with the dewalt 14.4v
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    Memo is also a good choice and can be had used for $65
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE