RC Competitor

diesel switch over?

Hey all, sorry if its been discussed before, i tried searching a few times to no avail (maybe its just me).
    Im really into diesel and was wondering if there is any run off the mill diesel engines one can drop in a revo? ive seen some of the conversion kits a man makes but i dont know how to get a hold of one/ if theyre sincerely worth it. Also, the airplane type-but it seems they exceed the 1K$ mark and well, are extremely large for what we have to work with.
    Elsewise im considering dropping the ball on a .26 Red dot, just wondered about the diesel setup
    Thanks for anyone who can offer some advice.
    Revo 3.3 FTW!!

Even with a diesel set-up, such as from Davis Diesel, you need to run special fuel which costs at least the same as nitro.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Even with a diesel set-up, such as from Davis Diesel, you need to run special fuel which costs at least the same as nitro.
    OH not only that,,, you have to use a special head that has a variable compression setting... You think tuning these Nitro's are fun? Try that....

I've worked with a couple of them and they are a bear to get right... Oh,, and any change in the weather,,, your back to playing with the compression as well as mixtures...

I'll pass.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    ahh so i figured. (sorry, i found it discussed a few times last night on here). just one of those projects that sound cool but i wont bother with.
    thanks for the input guys.
    Revo 3.3 FTW!!

RC Qualifier
    Not worth 100$ in my opinion you could do a lot with 100$

RC Qualifier
    I made my own kit from a echo 2 stroke chainsaw mostly the carb and a k&n air filter runs straight from the pump diesel have about 29gallons through it still running strong ill try to upload pics tommorow
    Slash rocks!!!