RC Racer

Possible owner of rally

Hey guys i want to buy a roller so i can customize my rally. I had a quick question thought regarding the motor. I have a cc 5700kv 4 pole motor with a sv2 lying around. Would that be good enough to move a rally? Feedback will be highly appreciated. Currently have a merv and want some change.

RC Racer
    Any body want to show some intrest in a hobby partner. Feedback please

At first look, the motor has too high of a kV rating and the ESC is barely adequate.
    You can make it work, especially on-road, but why would you go to the trouble of customizing without increasing capabilities? (Except that you already have that system - I get that part.)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Hey Braulito welcome to the Rally craze! I don't think the 5700kv is the correct choice for the 4wd Rally. If you look at Castle's website on motor gearing they show the 5700 on 2WD Slash and up to the 3800kv on the 4x4 Slash.

Do you have current Tx and Rx and servo to put in, many of the rollers I see are IMO a bit expensive still without the guts. The Rally kit is really a nice out of the box deal with the Velineon running both 2s and 3s lipo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you sell off the radio, power system, battery and servo from a new rally you should be able to get back $200. If you buy the rally from tower you can get it for $380 shipped... so by the time your said and done you should be able to end up with a roller for around $180 shipped. Not sure what the rollers are selling for but if its more than that, your paying someone elses profits.

The 5700kv 4 pole could probably be geared REALLY low and run on 2S on a really low drag surface. But if you plan to run it on anything more than flat ground youll likely run into problems. The ESC itself will also likely be a problem. The SV2's are known to run hot at best in 4X4 vehicles and in a rally, where the chassis is so low and there is so little airflow your really just asking for trouble. The 5700 would have a better chance powered by an MMP. The 3800 really seems to be the best choice for 2S running. The 2400kv for 3S and above.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    No i dont have any of that. No servo no body only the cc motor and sv2. What you are saying makes sense. I was checking the prices of the roller and how much i would have to spend and i guess im better off just buying the full kit. And as u guys said it seems pretty good stock. Thanks for the help

RC Racer
    Wait one second pavmentsurfer. You said 380 shipped??? How is that. I see a diffrent price on the site

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Sorry, looked again. It would be $390 if you are a tower super saver club member and you use a $50 discount code and you get free shipping in the US.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulito422 View Post
    Wait one second pavmentsurfer. You said 380 shipped??? How is that. I see a diffrent price on the site
    The other price is for ♫ Gold Members ♫. Still the $390 with free shipping isnt bad at all.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore