Thread: 18v bosch motor

Hybrid View

RC Racer

18v bosch motor

I went out looking for a 14.4 volt dewalt today everywhere i could think of. I finally found a place that could order some in (43$ ) I showed the guy my 775 and told him what i was going to do with the dewalt and he went to the back and grabbed a box. it was full of motors all the same and very similar in size and shape to the dewalt. he said he didn't know anything about them and said he would sell me one for 15$ (after and hour of searching) i finally found that it was an 18V bosch motor. The stock motor mount almost fits, it wound need the middle biggest hole to be drilled bigger. Even the screw holes line up!! Now I know that it would be slightly under powered but how much? I have the stock 16.8V esc and I run onyx 5000 mAH 7.2 25c lipo, and the stock 7C that came with my summit. If my stock ESC wont work, is there another one that might work? thanks for any help

the one on the left is the titan

RC Champion
    Who would the 18v motor be under powered?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Because it is not getting 18v... the DeWALT that is commonly used is the 14v model.
    What are the specs on the Bosch?
    (turns, ect)
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

I think what is being referred to is that the typical replacement motor, the Dewalt 14.4V, is overvolted, or run on 16.8V (maximum.) It handles this well. Undervolting a motor causes it to turn slower than its designed speed. The 12V & 18V Dewalt motors have been tried. They are not bad judging from the reports I've seen. It's just that the 14.4V is preferred as the "right" size for the Summit.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The other reason we switch to desalt motors is because they run on bearings and have replaceable brushes. Looks to me like the Bosch motor is no better than the stock Titan but will give you less performance. That's a downgrade IMO. Check out "themendingshed" on eBay to find new dewalt 14.4 motors for about $30.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ