Thread: 2s Lipo

RC Racer

2s Lipo

I bought a rally a few days ago and I am looking to get a 2s lipo for it. What one would you guys recommend that is the lowest price, but has longer run times? Also, where are good places to order it from?
    Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    SPC is the best place to pick up lipos from IMO. Id say for this vehicle youll want 25-30C or more and 5000mah or higher. SPC has a 5400mah 50C 2S pack thats excellent. I have 4 of them.

When it comes to lipo (and some will argue this, its just my opinion) I dont personally think price should be your first consideration. I think you should buy a good quality pack first, if you have to save a bit longer to get it... it will be worth it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    SPC is the best place to pick up lipos from IMO. Id say for this vehicle youll want 25-30C or more and 5000mah or higher. SPC has a 5400mah 50C 2S pack thats excellent. I have 4 of them.

When it comes to lipo (and some will argue this, its just my opinion) I dont personally think price should be your first consideration. I think you should buy a good quality pack first, if you have to save a bit longer to get it... it will be worth it.
    Thanks, this battery seems to be popular. I will probably buy one of these. Approximately how long is the run time?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    A rally VXL on a 5400mah 2S should run for 25-35 minutes depending on how you drive.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I have used the SPC's, Traxxas and Gens Ace batteries. The Traxxas batteries often exceed their 'C' ratings where as some of the cheaper off brand may not even match up to their ratings.
    I would say that 25-50c will work very well with 40's now becoming the standard at least it seems. If you order from Spec Point Concepts in PA you might also treat yourself to one of the 3s 11.1v packs for a speed and power thrill that does work fine with the stock Velineon system you have!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    +1 to SPC batts. I've been running them for a good while now. They are top notch and have never had a problem with them. You can't beat their price to quality ratio. Their stock 5000mah 25C packs are an excellent choice, if you want something with a little better C rating go with the 5400 50C or ..... Here check out there link, they have tons of packs on SALE.

SPC Racing
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Thanks again, I will definitely be buying one of these. They seem like the best option.

RC Racer
    I've been using gens ace 2s 5000mah 40c packs. I have ran them in my summit and rally. Good power, run time, and price.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    A rally VXL on a 5400mah 2S should run for 25-35 minutes depending on how you drive.
    I have 4 of these (2s 5400 50c) and only get about 20 minutes out of them with the stock velineon. I was expecting more run time.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I have 4 of these (2s 5400 50c) and only get about 20 minutes out of them with the stock velineon. I was expecting more run time.
    I was looking at getting the 5000mah packs because they are on sale. Would you expect the run times to be much shorter?

My SPC packs are fairly new, I bought them this spring so they aren't old and worn out or abused.

I don't know how much a 400mah difference is, probably not much.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    I was looking at getting the 5000mah packs because they are on sale. Would you expect the run times to be much shorter?
    I have both of those packs and I would not worry about the run times too much as you can get 2 of the 5000's for a great price.Using the 5400 racing 4 pole motors on carpet(very high amp draws=lower run times) I get right around 15 min. Out bashing I get around 30 min. I see only a 3-4 min or so difference in run time between the 5400 and 5000's. The 25c's work great with the 2 pole stock motor. If you think you may want to switch to a higher amp draw combo in the future(like the castle 4 pole's),get the 50c's
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    How bout spc 6500mah batts? They fit? Ill be running a 1410 castle motor. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cableman View Post
    How bout spc 6500mah batts? They fit? Ill be running a 1410 castle motor. Thanks
    It would fit by shimming the battery mount to raise it higher.

Deer meat in the freezer

RC Racer
    Should i go for the 6500 65c 2s or is the 50c good enough?

RC Qualifier
    If money is not the problem get the 65c pack, then you can run whatever motor/esc combo you want to without the worry of not having enough amps or overloading the batteries, +10 for SPC batteries as well they are great for the price and the quality is top notch. Good luck, god bless and have some fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by cableman View Post
    Should i go for the 6500 65c 2s or is the 50c good enough?
    Like I said in the earlier post, the 25c's are just fine for the stock motor. If there is any chance you will upgrade the motor combo, the 50c's will be enough for just about anything that will fit in the chassis. The 65c's are definitely overkill, but there is nothing wrong with overkill if you have the funds mwahaha!!!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    I ordered the 65c, the huricain up here paid me well lol. I have some 40c gens also! Im putting the 1410 in, stock is too slow on 2s! Now i gotta order a brushlesshobbies lt4